GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Mar 7, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #4,951 of 8,959
Now that we have the very welcome firmware update that allows the display to turn completely off, we don't have to worry about potentially shortening the OLED screen life by leaving the unit turned on all the time. It certainly sounds best when warmed up, but what are the pros and cons of leaving the G26 running 24/7?

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #4,952 of 8,959
At all the external clock users with a Gustard R26 out there :beerchug:

Do you use sine-Wave or square-Wave?

Gustard recommended to me using square-wave but i've read some threads the last days that especially with the OCK-1 it could be a better option to use sine-wave instead of square-wave?

I am looking forward for your experiences :)

You can't test this for yourself ?

Now you are basically saying:

I cannot tell a difference between Sine or Square wave clock output myself
However, with your experiences I will be able to hear what's better and make a decision ?

Great topic 🙃

Mar 7, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #4,953 of 8,959
You can't test this for yourself ?
Of course i can...

Now you are basically saying:

I cannot tell a difference between Sine or Square wave clock output myself
However, with your experiences I will be able to hear what's better and make a decision ?
That is not what i am saying - that is what you think because of my posting.

I just want to know what people here are using and what their experiences are.

Mar 7, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #4,954 of 8,959
At all the external clock users with a Gustard R26 out there :beerchug:

Do you use sine-Wave or square-Wave?

Gustard recommended to me using square-wave but i've read some threads the last days that especially with the OCK-1 it could be a better option to use sine-wave instead of square-wave?

I am looking forward for your experiences :)
I did some extensive testing of sine wave versus square wave and put the results on the A26 thread. It's Post number 472

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/gustard-dac-a26-ak4499ex-dac-impressions-thread.966041/page-32

Mar 7, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #4,955 of 8,959
This is what I was referring to. I’ve never had the R26 unplugged since I got it in November. All the updates I did happened on the first try, just by switching the rocker switch off.

Glad we got you all up and running! Your speakers arrive?!
The DAC is in a rack, my computer in on my desk in my office. I need to disconnect everything, which would include the power cord, in order to move it to where I can do the upgrades.

Yup, speakers arrived by semi-trailer truck just after dinner last night (in the dark). Tweaked my back moving them around, then gouged out my finger on one of those large staples that holds the box together...UGH!

Mar 7, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #4,956 of 8,959
Question regarding where you purchased your Gustard R26.

When purchasing via ShenZhenAudio or Aoshida or other China located sites, do they charge TAX when purchasing via Paypal?

I noticed that when it's in cart and ready to purchase there is nothing for tax and it's free shipping. So only shows $1649 before you checkout via Paypal. Just wondering if the tax is charged after you checkout and purchase.

Thank you.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #4,957 of 8,959
Normally you bear the taxes that are charged by the courier (customs clearing phase) when you/or about to receive the item.

Mar 7, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #4,958 of 8,959
Normally you bear the taxes that are charged by the courier (customs clearing phase) when you/or about to receive the item.
Thank you for replying.

Does that mean I'll get charged $1649 by the seller via Paypal then get a separate charge from Paypal for the taxes?

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #4,959 of 8,959
Thank you for replying.

Does that mean I'll get charged $1649 by the seller via Paypal then get a separate charge from Paypal for the taxes?
Did you state what country you live in? I can say in the USA that would be your price total. No shipping, no taxes. If not sure ask them in an email before you purchase. They'll reply quick if they want to make a sale

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #4,960 of 8,959
Did you state what country you live in? I can say in the USA that would be your price total. No shipping, no taxes. If not sure ask them in an email before you purchase. They'll reply quick if they want to make a sale
Thank you for your reply.

I'm in California, USA.

Did you also order from one of those sellers and was that your experience? You only paid $1649?

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #4,962 of 8,959
I’m always charged state tax on anything purchased online. The states caught up with how much revenue was being lost several years ago and this is standard except with possibly a few states.
State tax on a purchase from an overseas seller? That's interesting considering the seller is NOT US based nor in that state...or am I missing something?

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #4,963 of 8,959
Inside European union we must pay big taxes for import. In Croatia 25% plus customs fee.

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #4,964 of 8,959
Inside European union we must pay big taxes for import. In Croatia 25% plus customs fee.
Hmm...that's a good point. Anyone in the US purchased the DAC and paid customs fee? If so, did you get a separate charge? Thank you.

Mar 7, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #4,965 of 8,959
Question regarding where you purchased your Gustard R26.

When purchasing via ShenZhenAudio or Aoshida or other China located sites, do they charge TAX when purchasing via Paypal?

I noticed that when it's in cart and ready to purchase there is nothing for tax and it's free shipping. So only shows $1649 before you checkout via Paypal. Just wondering if the tax is charged after you checkout and purchase.

Thank you
Cheaper to purchase from China. No tax includes shipping.

Attachments

• China.jpg
    China.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
  • US Purchase.jpg
    US Purchase.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread