GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #8,581 of 8,835
I tried Lan with my Netgear satellite connected to the R26 using JPLAY vs streaming via my Eversolo dmp-a6 and found the usb sounded better. So I thought I’ll squeeze all the juice via USB way.

Bro. of course it would sound better. There is a DMP-A6 in between. But you will be surprise the benefit of the FMC mod (page 1) to your LAN connection. On how convenient it cost.

Having said that, since you have already the DMP-A6, suggest to use it as intended. Tried SPDIF/AES?

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #8,582 of 8,835
Bro. of course it would sound better. There is a DMP-A6 in between. But you will be surprise the benefit of the FMC mod (page 1) to your LAN connection. On how convenient it cost.

Having said that, since you have already the DMP-A6, suggest to use it as intended. Tried SPDIF/AES?
100%! Took the words right outta my fingers Mickey. For the same reasons, I’ve just ordered a Holo Red and will connect via i2s. Wouldn’t think of doing it without the FMC setup! I’m hoping this will surpass the SQ of the basic r26 renderer

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #8,583 of 8,835
Thanks camrector for your reply. Strangely I tried Lan with my Netgear satellite connected to the R26 using JPLAY vs streaming via my Eversolo dmp-a6 and found the usb sounded better. So I thought I’ll squeeze all the juice via USB way. I’ll revisit the Lan see what I missed. Thanks ☺

I too have the EverSolo DMP A6, as I sad before LAN sounds mediocre via non HQplayer + Roon Combo.

Here is what I prefer
HQplayer + Roon via LAN > DMP A6 > streaming via LAN.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #8,584 of 8,835
I too have the EverSolo DMP A6, as I sad before LAN sounds mediocre via non HQplayer + Roon Combo.

Here is what I prefer
HQplayer + Roon via LAN > DMP A6 > streaming via LAN.
Did you also do the FMC tweek?. It’s a most for all network audio.
Detail on page 1.
Maybe @m-i-c-k-e-y could also add to page 1 the link to the graph I made and posted a few pages back.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #8,586 of 8,835
Lol back to page 1. This is all very new to me. I came from a basic ifi Zen to D90. Knowledge of network gear and stuff is very limited. So many ways to play this thing!
Well you’ve found a very robust community of weirdos here. Lol.
We’ve put this thing through the wringer over the last two years. It still shines.
It’s kinda unreal in this ultra competitive market place, that we are still scratching our heads to find the upgrade path that’s under $5-$7k here.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #8,588 of 8,835
Thanks camrector for your reply. Strangely I tried Lan with my Netgear satellite connected to the R26 using JPLAY vs streaming via my Eversolo dmp-a6 and found the usb sounded better. So I thought I’ll squeeze all the juice via USB way. I’ll revisit the Lan see what I missed. Thanks ☺
So re the LHY UIP, which seems to be one of the first 'audiophile' USB isolators to be based around the next gen high speed ADUM 4165/6 isolator chips, the early feedback, incl over on the CenGrand DSDDac Deluxe thread (a $5k DAC) is very positive indeed. Early indications are it may be the one to beat short of the big money established players like Innuous Phoenix. If I had an Eversolo I'd seriously consider getting one. Not aware of anyone trying with an R26 and/or Eversolo* yet with one, but would be very interested to hear this.

https://www.beatechnik.com/product-page/lhy-uip
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cen...arch-for-a-new-reference.966809/post-17946277

*Edit. Actually I see the CenGrand guy who posted a review on the product page had an A6.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #8,589 of 8,835
Was practically looking at this the other night... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Writing to a guy on the SU-6 thread..

@camrector Done bro..

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #8,590 of 8,835
100%! Took the words right outta my fingers Mickey. For the same reasons, I’ve just ordered a Holo Red and will connect via i2s. Wouldn’t think of doing it without the FMC setup! I’m hoping this will surpass the SQ of the basic r26 renderer
Would be really interested in the outcome, l only run PCM direct to the R26 using FMCs.. so like yourself, l'll look forward to your views, as l was considering going down this route in the future

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #8,592 of 8,835
So re the LHY UIP, which seems to be one of the first 'audiophile' USB isolators to be based around the next gen high speed ADUM 4165/6 isolator chips, the early feedback, incl over on the CenGrand DSDDac Deluxe thread (a $5k DAC) is very positive indeed. Early indications are it may be the one to beat short of the big money established players like Innuous Phoenix. If I had an Eversolo I'd seriously consider getting one. Not aware of anyone trying with an R26 and/or Eversolo* yet with one, but would be very interested to hear this.

https://www.beatechnik.com/product-page/lhy-uip
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cen...arch-for-a-new-reference.966809/post-17946277

*Edit. Actually I see the CenGrand guy who posted a review on the product page had an A6.
Thanks for the info and links.

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #8,593 of 8,835
Thanks for the info and links.
All good. It was costly though as I seem to have talked myself into it as just pulled the trigger on one myself. Oh well. :smile: While most LHY stuff is a lot cheaper on AliX, I got it direct from Beatechnik as pretty much the same cost as the cheapest AliX vendor due to no NZ VAT from them as under our local collection threshold whilst AliX collect it on all items regardless of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back