GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Dec 1, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #7,981 of 8,863
Was just streaming via LAN with Audirvana and suddenly the music went to a high pitch screech. Paused, changed tracks, started again and still screech/static. Went over to Spotify via USB and everything is fine. Has anyone had this happen with Audirvana before? I just started using it. Never had anything like this happen with Spotify Connect or HQPlayer.

Think I just lost a few Hz of hearing range after that screech :rolling_eyes:

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #7,982 of 8,863
Ray, it really is most likely Bubble or MConnect bogging you down because of the way they interact with the anemic buffering capacity of the R26. If you read through this thread you’ll see this issue arise here and there. I installed JPlay way back maybe a year ago and the problem disappeared, and others had the same result. If I recall it cost $30 to purchase the app, one time. It’s also a much more refined interface. It’s like a step towards Roon IMO. Of course, once you go Roon you never go back!

Also, if you haven’t heard about it, you might want to consider the famous FMC upgrade if you’re running straight out of your noisy router, the details are on the first page of this thread thank you Mickey. Can be done well for less than 200 quid, even close to half that if you use inexpensive Jameco Reliapro power supplies.
I am just trying to avoid having a PC in between. I have already used FMC between router and R26, and you won't believe how cheap things can be if ordered from a place like China, the whole FMC thing can be below USD10.....

I have tried, via USB everything is fine, I am just trying to figure out if there is a way to work it out via LAN only ......

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #7,983 of 8,863
I am just trying to avoid having a PC in between. I have already used FMC between router and R26, and you won't believe how cheap things can be if ordered from a place like China, the whole FMC thing can be below USD10.....

I have tried, via USB everything is fine, I am just trying to figure out if there is a way to work it out via LAN only ......
If you have an iOS device: https://jplay.app/

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #7,984 of 8,863
The R26 is connected to the ROON by a LAN cable. In ROON, the ALSA connection R26 is displayed as USB Audio 2.0. Why?))
This is observed in some owners of R26

Снимок экрана 2023-11-28 в 20.46.58.png

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #7,987 of 8,863
HQPlayer calls the LAN connection USB 2.0 as well. It's fine.

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #7,989 of 8,863
FYI R26 as a DAC is still holding its own against the hot new Eversolo streaming DAC kids on the block, at least in the view of Srbo from iiWi Reviews: R26 > A8 > A6 (+LHY LPS) > stock A6.

This is as a DAC, he didn't comment on comparing the R26 internal streamer, so I'll assume he used the A8 streamer digital outs to feed to the R26 so the delta was the DAC section used. IIRC correctly he preferred the streamer in the A6 to the renderer in the R26.

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #7,990 of 8,863
Can someone recommend a desktop stand for the R26? I want to put my Pi2AES and Aune XC1 underneath the Gustard. It would also be great if I could add a second level and put the Jot 2 on top of that (possibly soon to be upgraded to Mjolnir 3).

Can't be a normal audio rack, it needs to fit on my desk.

Dec 3, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #7,991 of 8,863
edit: double post because I didn't refresh the page

Dec 3, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #7,992 of 8,863
Try looking for "monitor support wood" from amazon. Like this, this, or this. Many to choose from. Add sorbothane feet. You can stack them up if you want.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #7,993 of 8,863
Hi everyone. I just purchased a Gustard external C16 Clock to use with the R26. I'd like to ask what type of BNC cable needs to be used with the C16? Is it a 50 ohm or 75 ohm cable, or does it not make a difference? I apologize if my questions have been asked and answered previously, but I greatly appreciate any insights and responses. Regards.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #7,994 of 8,863
Hi everyone. I just purchased a Gustard external C16 Clock to use with the R26. I'd like to ask what type of BNC cable needs to be used with the C16? Is it a 50 ohm or 75 ohm cable, or does it not make a difference? I apologize if my questions have been asked and answered previously, but I greatly appreciate any insights and responses. Regards.
If you use a sine clock it doesn't matter, if you use a square clock, it needs to match whatever your clock calls for.
I use sine out of my OCK-1 and a BNC cable made of LMR-400 cable.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #7,995 of 8,863
Regarding stuttering / short breaks in music:
I had that with Audirvana, but never with Logitech Media Server using the LAN input of the R26 playing FLAC files up to 24-bit / 96kHz (which is the highest I have).
That suggests that it is not the R26 internal SD card, buffer etc., but something to do with how the streaming is provided.

Audirvana was also unstable, including the Android app connection to the server, and I couldn't get Audirvana to work with (software) equalizers on my Windows 11 laptop (while on my desktop Win 10 PC the EQ's worked).

In short, I advise against using Audirvana for the above reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back