GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #7,578 of 8,847
You can link Roon and Tidal and then load all the fir filters into Roon. It’s a very clean approach and sounds phenomenal.
To implement a filter in Roon is necessary a PC with strong processing power like in HQPlayer? Sorry if is a question no sense. It's very new to me.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #7,579 of 8,847
Good news. Did you end up doing the update in situ, or did you pull the SD card and do it external

Good news. Did you end up doing the update in situ, or did you pull the SD card and do it externally?
I took it apart (Boy, those little screws were tight!) took the old card out, went and bought a new card (with the adapter), flashed the card on my laptop and installed the new card. Worked well, thanks.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #7,580 of 8,847
To implement a filter in Roon is necessary a PC with strong processing power like in HQPlayer? Sorry if is a question no sense. It's very new to me.
Depends on the filter design and what you are doing. Roon is more processing heavy with for filter. HQplayer has no problem with fir filters but start adding some of those crazy Dsd filters and you need a quantum computer lol.

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #7,582 of 8,847
I've got a very modest mac mini 3.6gig i3 with 8gigs of ram for my core and it performs flawlessly, even using Roon's 8x oversampling and Cam's Fir filter, hasn't burped at all.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #7,584 of 8,847
UPDATE:
I finally got around to re-flashing the SD micro card and voila, the LAN port is up & running!
Thanks to all for the suggestion.
Well we had a brief power interruption yesterday, and when I got home the R26 wouldn't stream, and now doesn't even show up in Roon. I've rebooted everything in the chain, and the Gustard works fine with CDs and Roon is fine on other devices, so it's all pointing to the LAN circuit. I reflashed the 1.42 Gustarender FW, and no change. This sounds precisely like your situation yes Rock? I'm about to head downtown and buy a new 32GB card I guess. Are they the standard size or mini? And do I need to be concerned about the speed rating?

Sep 30, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #7,587 of 8,847
Does Gustardrenderer show on your router as a connected device?
No I am not using it with wifi so it's not directly connected to the router. It's being fed by my mac mini, which is connected to the router via ethernet. It does show up intermittently in Roon as an audio zone, but this is usually a solid and constant connection, not fragile like now.
I've written to the seller, and we'll see what happens. This went on two months ago but then somehow went away overnight when I left it off for 16 hours. I thought it was just a freak thing, now I believe it's the R26 and something is broken.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #7,588 of 8,847
No I am not using it with wifi so it's not directly connected to the router. It's being fed by my mac mini, which is connected to the router via ethernet. It does show up intermittently in Roon as an audio zone, but this is usually a solid and constant connection, not fragile like now.
I've written to the seller, and we'll see what happens. This went on two months ago but then somehow went away overnight when I left it off for 16 hours. I thought it was just a freak thing, now I believe it's the R26 and something is broken.
You have to connect your R26 to the LAN, and then boot it in LAN mode.
It's a necessary step, because the router should give it an IP address.
After that, you can connect it to the Mac.
It's very possible that your old SD card was not damaged.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #7,589 of 8,847
You have to connect your R26 to the LAN, and then boot it in LAN mode.
It's a necessary step, because the router should give it an IP address.
After that, you can connect it to the Mac.
It's very possible that your old SD card was not damaged.
This worked Dan, thank you very much. I don't fully understand, or why this occured. I mean, we did have a power outtage but I don't understand how that messed up my system. Back in the saddle though, listening to Eastern Smiles by Hanna Paulsburg Group, it's a happy evening in Vermont.

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #7,590 of 8,847
This worked Dan, thank you very much. I don't fully understand, or why this occured. I mean, we did have a power outtage but I don't understand how that messed up my system. Back in the saddle though, listening to Eastern Smiles by Hanna Paulsburg Group, it's a happy evening in Vermont.
I think that after the power cut, you left the R26 connected directly to the Mac, and then rebooted it. By doing so, your R26 could not communicate with the router, and the router could not assign an ID address to it. As it did not have an ID address, the players on your Mac could not stream to it…
Each time that you reboot your R26, you should disconnect it first from the Mac, and connect it to a switch of the LAN. Once the R26 boots in LAN mode, an IP address is assigned to it, and you can connect it again directly to your Mac.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back