GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Jul 5, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #6,691 of 8,962
Yes had assumed it was the higher up (Mhz+) frequencies that are of concern, but it is interesting and motivates me to proceed with trying with 5x thicker copper foil as I was already planning.

By obsessed is this the sort of thing you had in mind? Stock footage from the BT measuring escapade a month back 😅
The next version of my shields will have 0,5 mm copper and, I think, different grounding.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #6,692 of 8,962
it is interesting and motivates me to proceed with trying with 5x thicker copper foil as I was already planning.
Won't be easier to shield it with lead?

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #6,694 of 8,962
Lead is effective when we deal with heavy particles. I guess that's not our case :)
It will put the R26 at weight division of the DACs of Audio-GD. :L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #6,696 of 8,962
I using R26 for about a month and very happy with the result (it replaced a Denafrips Venus II).

Using LAN input with Jplay app and, lasly, Wifi+FMC implementation: [Wifi extender --> Cat6 --> FMC+Finisar1471+LPS --> Cat8 --> iSilencer --> R26]
This brought more happiness to my life!!! Thank you guys!!!

If you'll allow me I have a question about fiber cable. I'm using only 1m of a generic Chinese single mode fiber. There are some opportunity here to improve SQ?
Some premium fiber cable can do some more for the final result?

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #6,697 of 8,962
Jul 5, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #6,699 of 8,962
@LucianoBadoe I and others have tried this with great success. That being said make sure your FMC modules can accommodate such a cable. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224049924591
This is not very helpful, as I have neither tried it, nor recall the particular model, but Corning optical cables are often highly recommended by folk who've done a lot of SFP and optical cable rolling. Safer to run with @duffer5 's first hand recommendation. Though a quick google, or review on AudiophileStyle will throw up some Corning recommendations.

https://www.corning.com/optical-com...me/products/fiber/optical-fiber-products.html

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #6,700 of 8,962
I using R26 for about a month and very happy with the result (it replaced a Denafrips Venus II).

Using LAN input with Jplay app and, lasly, Wifi+FMC implementation: [Wifi extender --> Cat6 --> FMC+Finisar1471+LPS --> Cat8 --> iSilencer --> R26]

If you'll allow me I have a question about fiber cable. I'm using only 1m of a generic Chinese single mode fiber. There are some opportunity here to improve SQ?
I've read good things about that Finistar cable duffer5 suggested.

One question though, why cat8 out of the FMC?

Jul 6, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #6,702 of 8,962

I have 4 Finisar packs, including the Finisar AOC cable that @duffer5 recommended to you, and which is very good.
I get the best sound with the pack Finisar FTLX1475 SFP single mode, and I recommend them to you.

Jul 6, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #6,703 of 8,962
Používam R26 asi mesiac a som veľmi spokojný s výsledkom (nahradil Denafrips Venus II).

Použitie vstupu LAN s aplikáciou Jplay a, bohužiaľ, implementáciou Wifi+FMC: [Wifi extender --> Cat6 --> FMC+Finisar1471+LPS --> Cat8 --> iSilencer --> R26]
Toto mi prinieslo viac šťastia do života!!! Vďaka chlapi!!!

I would like to know how to run JPLAY FEMTO over LAN on R26? For me the best sound so far LPSU>Pc>DC Purifier>Ifi USB Power>Purifier3>U18>(I2S Tubulus Contentus)>R26

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #6,704 of 8,962
First and foremost, welcome to Head-Fi!. This is an english only forum (for easy communication) see guidelines. To help you and to interact more please translate your message to english before posting. Enjoy!

V prvom rade vitajte v Head-Fi!. Toto je len anglické fórum (pre jednoduchú komunikáciu) pozrite si pokyny. Aby sme vám pomohli a mohli viac interagovať, preložte si správu do angličtiny pred jej odoslaním. Vychutnajte si!

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #6,705 of 8,962
V prvom rade vitajte v Head-Fi!. Toto je len anglické fórum (pre jednoduchú komunikáciu) pozrite si pokyny . Aby sme vám pomohli a mohli viac komunikovať, pred odoslaním preložte svoju správu do angličtiny. Užite si to!

V prvom rade vitajte v Head-Fi!. Toto je len fórum (pre jednoduchú komunikáciu) pozrite si anglické pokyny . Aby sme vám pomohli a mohli viac interagovať, preložte si správu angličtiny pred jej odoslaním. Vychutnajte si!
Sorry, I didn't notice that I copied the text in my language and not in English in the translator. My fault.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back