GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Apr 16, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #5,507 of 8,927
New universal USB driver (v5.70) is out but link doesn't function yet.

A26 has new firmware (1.41) its chagelog is:
1.Fixed known bugs.
2. Optimize memory consumption.
3. Upgrade upmpdcli to [1.7.7].
4. Upgrade HQplayer NAA to [4.4.0-56].

Maybe R26 will have a similar upgrades.

http://www.gustard.cn/?page_id=8956
Drivers can be downloaded now.

Apr 16, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #5,508 of 8,927
Thanks will update 1st page.

Apr 16, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #5,509 of 8,927
@camrector Thanks for reminding me of this DAC.

I have since I bought my system missed a streamer where I can just shut off the pc and listen to music(Tidal, and DLNA)...My brain has gone in circles: ZEN STREAM & NEO STREAM, and other streamer. The thing R26 attracts me is the clock input.

My system.

DDC: DI20HE
DAC: R8HEMK2(i2s/DI20HE) and Chord TT2(spdif/di20he)
AMP: HE-9 LE(ACSS input from R8HEMK2)

Right now my gaming rig is output from JCAT USB XE to the USB input of DI20HE.

Input on DI20HE not used: SPDIF
Output on DI20HE not used: AES
Outputs on OCK-2 not used: 1 Square, 3 Sine

How would I add this to my system?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #5,510 of 8,927
There have been some people mentioning about the Ifi Lan Silencer here. I'm so curious about the SQ improvement after adding Ifi Lan Silencer into the lan network, even there have been the fiber isolation with FMCs. For my case, i have been using the double fiber isolation FMCs with Sonore Deluxe, Buffalo 2016Gs and SOtm Ng10. Ifi Lan Sliencer is worth of being added into the chain, isn't it?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #5,511 of 8,927
There have been some people mentioning about the Ifi Lan Silencer here. I'm so curious about the SQ improvement after adding Ifi Lan Silencer into the lan network, even there have been the fiber isolation with FMC. For my case, i have using the double fiber isolation FMC with Sonore Deluxe, Buffalo 2016Gs and SOtm Ng10. Ifi Lan Sliencer is worth of being added into the chain, isn't it?
I have a couple and each one makes a definite improvement in my chain over just having the LHY switch in the chain. I don't have FMCs yet, but I think some people over in the iFi LAN iSilencer thread do have FMCs - suggest posing your question there. See my comments over in that thread re my use of them.

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #5,512 of 8,927
I have a couple and each one makes a definite improvement in my chain over just having the LHY switch in the chain. I don't have FMCs yet, but I think some people over in the iFi LAN iSilencer thread do have FMCs - suggest posing your question there. See my comments over in that thread re my use of them.
I believe after isolating the router from the lan 'circuit' by using wifi as a means of filtering out potential electrical noise, the use of Lan silencers and the like are less effective. Using the FMC modules as a additional filter on the clean side between switch and R26 did prove positive on cleaning things up further. When I first tried the FMC from router to R26 the difference was a huge improvement in sound, but wifi and then FMC is even better. What I'm trying to say is try wifi and FMC!

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #5,513 of 8,927
I believe after isolating the router from the lan 'circuit' by using wifi as a means of filtering out potential electrical noise, the use of Lan silencers and the like are less effective. Using the FMC modules as a additional filter on the clean side between switch and R26 did prove positive on cleaning things up further. When I first tried the FMC from router to R26 the difference was a huge improvement in sound, but wifi and then FMC is even better. What I'm trying to say is try wifi and FMC!
I couldnt agree more, hence my setup isolating the ISP Modem -> iFi Lan Silencer (WAN port) -> Asus router -> FMC -> Optical input to EtherRegen -> 0.3m CAT8 -> TPLink M9 Deco Mesh (main node) -> Wifi 5ghz (backhaul) -> M9 Deco Mesh (secondary node) -> FMC (Eth-Opt) - FMC (Opt-Eth) - 0.3m CAT8 -> R26.

All the FMC's and TPlink M9 Mesh units are powered by iFi IpowerX's, and lately incl the ISP Modem and EtherRegen. Initially i had another switch in the path from the FMC (Opt-Eth) - 0.3m CAT8 -> R26, but i feel now it doesnt need it at all. Im more a believer in cleaning it up at the network source end now, rather at the streaming end, that way everything benefits in the network.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #5,514 of 8,927
I couldnt agree more, hence my setup isolating the ISP Modem -> iFi Lan Silencer (WAN port) -> Asus router -> FMC -> Optical input to EtherRegen -> 0.3m CAT8 -> TPLink M9 Deco Mesh (main node) -> Wifi 5ghz (backhaul) -> M9 Deco Mesh (secondary node) -> FMC (Eth-Opt) - FMC (Opt-Eth) - 0.3m CAT8 -> R26.

All the FMC's and TPlink M9 Mesh units are powered by iFi IpowerX's, and lately incl the ISP Modem and EtherRegen. Initially i had another switch in the path from the FMC (Opt-Eth) - 0.3m CAT8 -> R26, but i feel now it doesnt need it at all. Im more a believer in cleaning it up at the network source end now, rather at the streaming end, that way everything benefits in the network.
If your endpoint/source/R26 is ethernet input. You should have the ifi isolator there as best practice, unless you have two isolator

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #5,515 of 8,927
If you use the network player of R26, it means that U18 and OCK2 are doing nothing in your chain now. Is it right? Can you give more details on this in terms of SQ?

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #5,516 of 8,927
If your endpoint/source/R26 is ethernet input. You should have the ifi isolator there as best practice, unless you have two isolator
Yes i did put it there initially and preferred the sound without. I feel its best to place it at the start of the chain, in my case - the WAN port into the Asus AC5300 router. I have tried it at all the different ports within the network chain and i found that putting a switch or the ifi lan silencer on the eth port of the R26 flattened out the soundstage.

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #5,517 of 8,927
I don't have the option of wifi, as I listen a lot to DSD files, which bitrate wifi can't handle unfortunately.. :frowning2:
Should I then use both FMC and iSilencer..?

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #5,518 of 8,927
I don't have the option of wifi, as I listen a lot to DSD files, which bitrate wifi can't handle unfortunately.. :frowning2:
Should I then use both FMC and iSilencer..?
Go with the FMC option first, you'll be surprised by the outcome. Just remember to power the FMCs with an LPS (preferably) or an iPowerX smps (low noise). Better to use a longer optical cable with a shielded short ethernet cable to the R26. Then add the lan isilencer later. The more i listen to my setup now with the FMCs in place, the lesser the impact is from the lan isilencer.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #5,519 of 8,927
Go with the FMC option first, you'll be surprised by the outcome. Just remember to power the FMCs with an LPS (preferably) or an iPowerX smps (low noise). Better to use a longer optical cable with a shielded short ethernet cable to the R26. Then add the lan isilencer later. The more i listen to my setup now with the FMCs in place, the lesser the impact is from the lan isilencer.
I ordered one of these: https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipower2/ (12v)

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #5,520 of 8,927
Great, I will try with FMCs first 👌😊 Thank you 🤗

Users who are viewing this thread

Back