Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!)
May 19, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #121 of 381
But, if you're willing to put in the effort, there are some tutorials online where they take the regular Sinanju MG 1/100 and paint it to give it the same shine as the Titanium Finish. It works out cheaper that way.

May 19, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #122 of 381
P.S. How much did you get your Sinanju for, anyway? I have to say, with that lighting, it's tempting to go and get one. And the shine isn't that excessive too.

Well, normally I order from Hobbylink or Hobbysearch, but its been out of stock for a while. Amazon's prices are higher, and they don't ship Gundams where I live, so I got it from GkGundamkit, a little over $100 for the MG 1/100.

I know its expensive, but the UC Gundams, especially the Sinanju, are highly sought after and hence more expensive than the other Gundams. Its the cheapest I could find. :xf_eek:

*whistles*

At least it's confirmed that people have good taste. :wink:

Well, I'll just focus on my Tallgeese first, then see where I want to go after that.

May 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #123 of 381
Quote:
*whistles*

At least it's confirmed that people have good taste.
wink.gif

Well, I'll just focus on my Tallgeese first, then see where I want to go after that.

Yeah...The cooler looking or lead 1/100 MG Gundams are all around $60-70, unless you catch them early.

May 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #125 of 381
Not that. But the way how they operate are explained logically and makes sense n their universe. None of the alternate story ones are as well made as the UC one, but then the UC era has been since the 70s/80s (I can't remember). Of course a humanoid robot the size of mobile suits won't actually work in our world. That anyone can look for with our current tech.

You got to see it in context of the universe.

May 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #126 of 381
Quote:
I wouldnt think of Gundams as scientifically logical?

A humanoid frame is generally in real life looked down upon.

Yes because a humanoid has inherent balance issues that are being solved now. That is due to the Earth's gravity.
Bipedalism is energy efficient, but not dynamically stable, so it needs constant control, and a fair amount of brain power.
Also, it doesn't scale well, meaning, the larger you go, the forces increase non linearly, making the design difficult.
Thats one of the reasons you don't see giant two-legged animals, but four legged ones exist.

But the Mobile Suits are designed to work in space. They can leap around on Earth, but thats about it. Here's the excerpt that explains the roots of Mobile Suits. The Minovsky particle is considered to be a by product of Helium 3 cold fusion, something like alpha/beta particles in real life.

Quote:
In the year UC 0070, Zeon military researchers successfully experiment with the Minovsky effect, confirming that they can nullify radar and radio communications by scattering massive quantities of Minovsky particles. Realizing that the Minovsky effect will change the face of warfare, and anticipating an eventual confrontation with the Earth Federation, Zeon's researchers begin development of new, highly mobile combat spacecraft tailor-made for the Minovsky era. At first, Zeon's developers set out to create a conventional space fighter. Their starting point is the civilian space pod, a simple spacecraft equipped with hand-like manipulators for construction work. However, after extensive research, the researchers determine that a fully humanoid form offers greater flexibility and manueverability. Rather than being dead weight, the vehicle's limbs can be used for manuevering in accordance with the principles of action and reaction, conserving scarce propellant supplies.

So it turns out that close combat + high maneuverability results in a humanoid form being the best design.

May 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #127 of 381
Quote:
Not that. But the way how they operate are explained logically and makes sense n their universe. None of the alternate story ones are as well made as the UC one, but then the UC era has been since the 70s/80s (I can't remember). Of course a humanoid robot the size of mobile suits won't actually work in our world. That anyone can look for with our current tech.

You got to see it in context of the universe.

that makes a lot of sense then. Thanks. Well at least it makes a lot more sense than SnK does.
Quote:

Yes because a humanoid has inherent balance issues that are being solved now. That is due to the Earth's gravity.
Bipedalism is energy efficient, but not dynamically stable, so it needs constant control, and a fair amount of brain power.
Also, it doesn't scale well, meaning, the larger you go, the forces increase non linearly, making the design unfeasible. Thats one of the reasons you don't see giant two-legged animals, but four legged ones exist.

But the Mobile Suits are designed to work in space. Here's the excerpt that explains the roots of Mobile Suits.

Well that's good and all but the description is a bit convenient. Many types of 'mobile armor' designs can utilize limbs and spacial boosters to give it mobility.

May 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #128 of 381
Quote:
that makes a lot of sense then. Thanks. Well at least it makes a lot more sense than SnK does.
Well that's good and all but the description is a bit convenient. Many types of 'mobile armor' designs can utilize limbs and spacial boosters to give it mobility.

Exactly, but energy efficiency + maneuverability results in a humanoid form. Thats why Gundams/Mobile Suits are just one of "Mobile Weapons" that exist.

May 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #129 of 381
Quote:

Exactly, but energy efficiency + maneuverability results in a humanoid form. Thats why Gundams/Mobile Suits are just one of "Mobile Weapons" that exist.

It's an anime so they could easily make some damm efficent and manuevarble mobile armors.

MS Igloo got the idea right with their legit high manuevability mobile armor's. (tanks that then quickly bust out limbs and guns)

Although this is very inpractical in real life. 

In real life, all that we see in those fancy designs won't be there. 

May 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #130 of 381
Quote:
It's an anime so they could easily make some damm efficent and manuevarble mobile armors.

MS Igloo got the idea right with their legit high manuevability mobile armor's. (tanks that then quickly bust out limbs and guns)

Although this is very inpractical in real life. 

In real life, all that we see in those fancy designs won't be there. 

Hmmm...I can see your point, but I think its a very "Earth" like perspective. The Federation does have tank like weapons. However, the Zeons lived in space.

Anyways, we can go on about this, as true Anime/Comic fans do
tongue.gif
, but personally I consider the explanation to be considerably more realistic than a lot of other shows that don't even attempt to explain anything. Like 'warp drives' and 'teleportation' (not that i don't like those!)

May 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #132 of 381
Here's a pic of the two together:

The Banshee on the left, the Sinanju on the right. The size difference is immense, I had to perch up the Unicorn just to make it look sort of equal in size.
Also, the Sinanju has a very good balance, even with the backpack. The Unicorn on the other hand is a delicate flower.

May 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #134 of 381
Quote:
The Wings on the Freedom make it quite unstable as well

I'm guessing its the design? But I'm not sure if its the figure design, or the Gundams themselves are differently designed, they seem to be 'slimmer'.

May 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #135 of 381
Here's a pic of the two together:

The Banshee on the left, the Sinanju on the right. The size difference is immense, I had to perch up the Unicorn just to make it look sort of equal in size.
Also, the Sinanju has a very good balance, even with the backpack. The Unicorn on the other hand is a delicate flower.

Wow didn't realise the Sinanju is that big. Nice work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back