Gun-Fi
Jan 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #1,219 of 1,730
What a beauty I like that pea shooter as well looks like MIB to me.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #1,220 of 1,730
Yup, the noisy cricket.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #1,225 of 1,730
Oh, to clear my name up from my last post:

I have used firearms a few times and if I may say so myself, I am not too bad of a shot.
With an M1911 I can form nice tight groupings though I am not sure about the distance from the target.
With the AR15 I could hit underneath where I was aiming. I wasn't used to the weight or form factor of the weapon. 

My uncle who was a ranger I believe think that I am a good shot. But of course he is my uncle, so he may I have no choice. XD 

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #1,227 of 1,730

Quote:
awesome, one of my dream guns.

Top Gun Supply has grade B PSPs for $499. I don't think it will get much better. They sold out fast in the past after they stocked.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/hk-p7-handguns/

Just be prepared for the mag prices. The mag release is, of course, worlds better on the M8, but the trigger on heeler that I own is actually a bit better than the M8 and the squeeze cocker takes a little less force.  Go figure.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #1,228 of 1,730
UGH i just had to find a gun thread. And not own any. (at my home here in Houston) I have 2 Remington 870s one in Idaho with my dad and one in California with my grandpa. 

I do plan on buying a Remington 700 in about a month for my 20th birthday. that is if i dont spend the rest of my student loan on headphones and stuff related to that. 

Feb 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #1,230 of 1,730

Quote:
Quote:
I can't hit **** with a 38 special. It is funny. My grandpa has owned his for 10+ years and couldn't either. After that, we got out the shotgun. It was far more accurate. XD

Practice. Take a range course. Anyone can become proficient.

Some years back, a classmate became a police officer. He was a bit jumpy with the gun, so I used to train with him. A lot of it is psychological and learning how to control yourself. He eventually passed all his firearm tests. I was able to pass all of the police tests, too. I think most people can, but you have to get familiar with shooting and overcome natural inclinations to anticipate the shot and recoil.

Alex should stay far, far away from the .44 magnum lol.

I won an FBI walk-and-draw competition with a .38 special when I was 16 years old (against adults) in a police firearms techniques class offered by the local community college, but I could't hit anything with that magnum. We also used to fire at cast-iron silhouettes; the .38 hit them every time but you couldn't knock one down unless you hit it dead center. If you managed to even graze one with the .44 though, it went flying! It was a fun class, I got to fire every kind of gun imaginable except the fully-automatic ones because I wasn't old enough.

Now I prefer the 10mm autos, but a had a really nice Browning Hi-power 9mm for a while. The guns I liked the best in that class were the .223 bolt-actions with thumb-holed custom stocks, you could shoot the eye out of a hummingbird with one of those. Just an example, I don't advocate the shooting of hummingbirds in the eye or anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back