Gun-Fi
Nov 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #737 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What bullet weight and load?

Hornady 168gr BTHP under 40.5gr of IMR 4895. Maybe I'm just a puss.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sold off the other AR last week to fund my Marlin 1895 Guide Gun setup...

That's one interesting swap, Marvin.

Nov 13, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #738 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hornady 168gr BTHP under 40.5gr of IMR 4895. Maybe I'm just a puss.
evil_smiley.gif

Nah. Fifty rounds of that load off the bench would set anybody's brain to sloshing. Most of my .308Win bolt guns have Vais comps. Really like the little suckers.
927150243.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #739 of 1,730
Quote:

Nah. Fifty rounds of that load off the bench would set anybody's brain to sloshing. Most of my .308Win bolt guns have Vais comps. Really like the little suckers.

Yep, I really should have had the barrel threaded when I had the bolt handle threaded. The machinist I sent it to could have done both and actually sells his own in-house compensator. That was a mistake.

Still, it's grouping far beyond my expectations. Bellow is the first time it took it to the range for sight-in. I've got a few groups like that since, but either I am not that consistent or the gun/load/bullet/bras isn't. I'd bet it's me. I just don't have the experience yet to tell which. That's a four shot group @ 100yds in the center. I was also surprised by the cheap Burris Fullfield II scope. I was able to very precisely walk the rounds to the center with it. It's held zero ever since.

Burris.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #740 of 1,730
got it tuesday but haven't been able to get a good photo due to rain

Stevens_67E_20g.jpg

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #741 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got it tuesday but haven't been able to get a good photo due to rain

Stevens_67E_20g.jpg

I thought it was a Savage pump, should have kept mine. Cheap but super reliable.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #742 of 1,730
Quote:

^^^ There you go, trying to get this thread closed.
rolleyes.gif
^^^

We won't let that happen.

Spent yesterday at the range sighting in my new Remington 7MM Mag and checking to make sure the 270 WSM had not been bumped out of true during last year's hunting. All was done using my own hand loads. I am always a bit amazed at the consistency of hand loaded ammunition. The 270 tests were all in a group that you could draw a 1.5 inch Dia. circle around. I was very pleased with this as the wind was a real factor yesterday. In those rare moments of now wind the groups tightened up considerably.

One nice thing about a windy day is that the haze from shooting dissipates quickly. Last time I went it was dead calm and it was like a foggy London day as there was no wind to clear things away.

Well deer season starts at dawn next Saturday and I will be off to Northern Wisconsin for 10 days, 9 hunting. The season is just in time as we are just about out of meat and the sausage is long gone. The last jalapeño sticks were consumed last week. I try and ration them or they wold be gone in a couple of weeks. They are so good even those that cringe at eating venison like them.

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #743 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking a 9mm semi-auto was probably going to be the easier pistol but looks like both recommendations are for a S&W .38 special.

You might also want to check out the Glock 17/19/26 or Springfield XD-9 models.

Also, the Ruger SP-101 3" is also very versatile and reliable for both 38 spec. or magnum. If you like magnum, you can also look at Ruger GP-100.

The above pieces are good for self-defense at affordable prices.

Be safe !!

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #744 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was a Savage pump, should have kept mine. Cheap but super reliable.

Quote:

^^^ There you go, trying to get this thread closed.
rolleyes.gif
^^^

Sorry but I do not understand why you say I tried to get the thread closed.

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #745 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but I do not understand why you say I tried to get the thread closed.

I was not referring to your post. archosman posted some "gun rights" material that has been deleted and that I was pointing to. I was the post immediately after it, but I should have quoted it to preserve things and be clear.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #748 of 1,730
I came to Head-Fi looking for some help on Denon ah-d950s and found too much information.
I'm taking them apart & would like to talk to someone who's been there.
Tech help here is too extreme! Their into hardware, I'n into software.

I do have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back