Gun-Fi
Mar 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,276 of 1,730
Interesting thread.

Back a few years ago I would have thought this thread was crazy, but now I've matured and realize that there is nothing wrong with owning / using guns.  I was never around guns as a kid, so I thought it was a very taboo thing.  I didn't even realize you could legally carry one in most states until this year.

I'm in the process of getting my license to carry.  Once that happens I'm going to get a little Ruger MKIII Standard and a subcompact EDC gun (Ruger LC9, Walther PPK, PPS ?).  Really want to get good with shooting, so that I can start doing it as a competitive sport. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,277 of 1,730

Quote:
Interesting thread.

Back a few years ago I would have thought this thread was crazy, but now I've matured and realize that there is nothing wrong with owning / using guns.  I was never around guns as a kid, so I thought it was a very taboo thing.  I didn't even realize you could legally carry one in most states until this year.

I'm in the process of getting my license to carry.  Once that happens I'm going to get a little Ruger MKIII Standard and a subcompact EDC gun (Ruger LC9, Walther PPK, PPS ?).  Really want to get good with shooting, so that I can start doing it as a competitive sport. 

Welcome to Gun-fi.  Sorry for your wallet.  
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,279 of 1,730

Quote:
You live in MA and are getting your concealed carry permit? Are you the governor?

Some towns / cities in MA are very uptight and do not hand out carry permits, others do.
I live in the boondocks, not a large city, luckily.

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #1,281 of 1,730

Quote:
Just received my HK P7 PSP today.  I've had experience with the PSP, and always loved it.  Shot this one today, and remembered why.

One of my favorite handguns ever.  If I were still actively carrying, I'd be searching for one as my daily carry gun.  

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #1,282 of 1,730
Nice Jude.  I think the only issue I had w/ the P7 was weight.  Haven't tried the PSP though.  I think I've abandoned my quest for the .357 sig and will sell my Glock 19 too.  It seems I've been converted by the 1911. Probably pick up a Kimber along w/ a Sig P238 as my guardian angels.

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,283 of 1,730

Quote:
One of my favorite handguns ever.  If I were still actively carrying, I'd be searching for one as my daily carry gun.  

Yes, it has long been one of my favorites, too.  As far as handguns go, it has been my absolute favorite, since first using one.

Quote:
Nice Jude.  I think the only issue I had w/ the P7 was weight.  Haven't tried the PSP though.  I think I've abandoned my quest for the .357 sig and will sell my Glock 19 too.  It seems I've been converted by the 1911. Probably pick up a Kimber along w/ a Sig P238 as my guardian angels.

It's hard not to love a good 1911, man, so I definitely get the love.

I don't think there's enough difference between any P7 M8 and the P7 PSP to make much (if any) difference in weight.  I went with the PSP version (over the M8) primarily because I prefer the heel magazine release.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #1,287 of 1,730

Quote:
Is it?  Better than a Sig P210?

The P7 has the finest stock trigger (outside of Browning Buck Marks and some 1911/2011s) there is --- Wonderfully short reset; even, buttery pull; breaks as surprising as a Jack-in-the-Box, so yes.

I have a M8 and a PSP, oddly, the PSP has a slightly better trigger. I'll go ahead and comment on accuracy, even thought it's widely overblown as a trait, but the fixed barrel on a P7 makes it akin to a fine bolt action rifle.

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #1,288 of 1,730

Quote:
You live in MA and are getting your concealed carry permit? Are you the governor?

Just got my unrestricted large capacity concealed carry permit.  ^_^

Now I want to get myself a little Ruger MkIII.

Not sure what to get as an EDC.  Kahr PM9?  Walther PPK?  Thankfully I'm in no rush.

I'm also thrilled that I can now legally carry peper/oc spray.

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #1,289 of 1,730
Kahr makes a pretty good firearm, but I want an active safety or a longer trigger on a carry gun.  Back when I carried, I carried either a p239, an HK USP, or a 1911.

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #1,290 of 1,730

Quote:
Kahr makes a pretty good firearm, but I want an active safety or a longer trigger on a carry gun.  Back when I carried, I carried either a p239, an HK USP, or a 1911.

How can anyone carry a 1911 inside the waistband?  Even the small kimber carry 1911 seems very thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back