Gun-Fi
May 24, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #181 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone here have any experience with the Walther P22?

Haven't shot one personally but I've seen a lot of owners who loved their other Walthers complain about the reliability of the P22... You might want to check out the Walther Forum

May 25, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #182 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't shot one personally but I've seen a lot of owners who loved their other Walthers complain about the reliability of the P22... You might want to check out the Walther Forum

Havent used it miselt either but i heard that it picky when it comes to ammo. Cheap rounds can often misfire. But in general i think its great for target practice since ammo is cheap.

May 25, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #183 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Havent used it miselt either but i heard that it picky when it comes to ammo. Cheap rounds can often misfire. But in general i think its great for target practice since ammo is cheap.

I've been rather curious. Personally, I really like Walthers...

May 25, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #184 of 1,732
22sra4.png

Henry H001 in .22 LR and 8.5" Pac-Lite on a MKIII 22/45 frame, also .22 LR... Oh yeah, and cats.

Never really been a huge fan of .22s for some reason. But they have their uses, which is why I still have two of them.

The Henry ain't a Marlin 39, but it's inexpensive, reasonably accurate, the action's slick as grease, and a hell of a lot of fun. Only thing I'd change is to swap out the sights to a ghost ring setup, but it's more likely that I'll drop on a cheap red dot. I originally purchased it to see if I liked the whole lever gun concept, before dropping real money on a Marlin in 45/70.

The Pac-Lite/Ruger weighs next to nothing, is a lot more accurate than me, and a great plinker to boot. I really like it as it's light enough to have some recoil with HV rounds. It' s a great way for me to practice sight alignment for next to nothing. Ammo prices lately have been downright scary.

May 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #185 of 1,732
snapped some bore pics out of [badpun]boredom[/badpun]

1918 SSA SMLE No.1 MkIII*

1943 Izhevsk 91/30 PU

1941 VKT M91

the SMLE may look like crap but it still shoots well enough

the 2 mosin bores are some of my best... plenty of shine, strong lands, only a small spot of frost in the M91 (and i noticed i need to find my bore snake to clear the random bits of dust from the bore before taking any more bore pics)

May 25, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #186 of 1,732
Went and cleaned and oiled a big part of the collection yesterday - I love the smell of Hoppe's #9, and gunoil!

Played great music and had a grand time making sure all the stuff stays good to hand down.

Now I gotta go and start reloading with a vengeance - have let stocks of .45 and .38/357 get entirely too low. I need to have a coupla thousand on hand of each.

I have too much old .22 ammo - just gonna have to go to the range and blow off a few bricks, just for fun!!!

Gonna get the shotshell loader in commission - a friend gave it to me for free, just like the Dillon that I use so much for Handgun cartridges. Gonna have to find another excuse to give the Wife instead of the "saving Money" one that she knows is BS that I gave for the Dillon.....Hmmm - How about "Honey, this will let me load light loads for you to shoot the Shotguns" - that should do it!

Just placed a few orders with Sportsman's Guide folks, Midway, and Cheaper Than Dirt - This is gonna be a wonderful summer!

Wishin you all a great season Squintin', Squeezin',Shootin', and Breezin'!!!

May 25, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #187 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I originally purchased it to see if I liked the whole lever gun concept, before dropping real money on a Marlin in 45/70.

Perhaps something like this?
evil_smiley.gif

3040483993_3c300a040f_b.jpg

Marlin 1895G Guide Gun in .45-70 as originally catalogued. Eighteen inch ported barrel, Williams aperture receiver sight, buckhorn dovetail shoed with blank block. Surprisingly accurate and pleasant to shoot with 350 grain JHP at @ 2000fps.

May 25, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #188 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps something like this?
evil_smiley.gif

GuideGun.jpg

Marlin 1895G Guide Gun in .45-70 as originally catalogued. Eighteen inch ported barrel, Williams aperture receiver sight, buckhorn dovetail shoed with blank block. Surprisingly accurate and pleasant to shoot with 350 grain JHP at @ 2000fps.

That's purty! I've never been sold on the idea of lever guns but I'd buy that one!

May 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #189 of 1,732
just arrived on the big brown truck

1943 Izhevsk 91/59

1943_Izhevsk_91-59.jpg

May 25, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #190 of 1,732
Just picked this up the other day.

Here's some shots of other things I have around.

There's also a Ruger 10/22, a Kahr K9 (My wife's CCW piece), and half of an AR-15 (with magpul stock, trigger guard, and grip) sitting around.

May 26, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #193 of 1,732
I was able to fondle a friends HK USP Compact .40. It fit my hand like a latex glove, something most guns just don't do, due to my small hands.

I have a Ruger P85. It's huge. After holding the HK, it's getting traded in. Any other options on a similarly sized .40 caliber.

I've been looking at CZ's .40 compacts, but I can't find them local.

May 26, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #194 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was able to fondle a friends HK USP Compact .40. It fit my hand like a latex glove, something most guns just don't do, due to my small hands.

I have a Ruger P85. It's huge. After holding the HK, it's getting traded in. Any other options on a similarly sized .40 caliber.

HK P2000, S&W M&P, and the Browning Hi-Power come to mind.

May 26, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #195 of 1,732
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't go with a HK. Are they good guns? Of course. Is the price warranted? Not if you ask me.

Here are the choices I would suggest (If you have to buy the gun from somewhere like gunbroker or online gun sales and do a FFL transfer).

CZ
Tanfoglio (Sold under the name EAA Witness)
Taurus 24/7 OSS (Coming out sometime in "fall" is what I was told.)

It all depends on what you want to pay and what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back