Guitar-fi anyone?
Dec 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #482 of 833
I have a Gibson Les Paul 50's tribute with the P90's. I'm pretty sure its been discontinued. I'm running it out of a bad monkey and fender blues junior. Also I put a new Jeson speaker in it. Here's a pic

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #483 of 833
Ended up getting a Schecter Damien Elite-6 when it was on sale for a price I couldn't pass up on Amazon given the parts on the guitar (EMG 81/85 active pick ups, Grover tuners, mahogany body with bolted on maple neck).  Though manufactured in Indonesia, they do get a final set up by Schecter in LA prior to being sold.  Arrived in great condition (though without any kind of case) with the blue metallic finish, black chrome hardware, and the gothic cross in lays on the fret board.  For a beginner, the low action strings and a fairly narrow neck has made learning to fret a little easier on the fingers. 

Trying to teach myself with free videos on the internet and also with some software I purchased so I can get the basics down.  Mainly working on getting comfortable with picking and chord shape memorization for now.  Already developing calouses on a couple of my fret fingers after a week. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #484 of 833
Here is my current rig : http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zlhYMmPfe9k/UEcC9HvD9iI/AAAAAAAAUvU/Vk-Aa_CcScI/s800/IMG_1081.JPG (it seems I don't have the rights yet to submit a picture).

ESP Eclipse II with EMG HetSet, Diezel Hagen + matching 2x12 FL V30 cab, all Vovox Sonorus cable. The Eventide has been replaced by a TC Electronic Flashback X4, and the Midimate is now a customized Disaster Area Designs DMC-6 (I'm doing my own firmware).

Unfortunately since I moved 1,5 years ago I couldn't find a band, so I'm home rocking
beyersmile.png

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #485 of 833
I've played since I was 13 (about 19 years) and have 4 guitars: a Guild S300A-D (a pretty rare, idiosyncratic instrument from the the late 70s), a '73 Strat, an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul (wine red), and a Martin D18S. I play at home through a Vox VT20+, but I have a 1965 Fender Pro Reverb equipped with NOS RCA pre and power amp tubes and an NOS Mullard GZ34 rectifier for the rare occasions when I play out. I also have the following stomp boxes: Fulltone OCD (version 2 I think), Fulltone '69 fuzz (large casing), Zvex Fuzz Factory, Keeley Java Boost, HBE Power Screamer, and a Maxon AD900 (anolog delay).

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #486 of 833
Just bought my first electric guitar, an Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue. I've played acoustic on and off since grade school, but never enough to get good at it. I recently discovered that due to shoulder surgery, it's very uncomfortable to reach around the body of my acoustic, so I switched to electric. I also have a Fender Mustang I amp, which I'm pretty happy with.

Now all I need to do is learn to play. I'm mostly interested in blues/classic rock. Any recommendations for online lessons?

My acoustic (Yamaha FG-422, OBB)

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #493 of 833
Well, they are not guitars, but they are electric basses. The most fantastic ones (IMO) Dingwalls

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #494 of 833
Quote:
Well, they are not guitars, but they are electric basses. The most fantastic ones (IMO) Dingwalls

Yeah Dingwalls are cool.. The level of fit and finish is breathtaking...

I also like lefay basses : http://www.lefay.de/

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #495 of 833
Quote:
Link.

That's something which can get you started in blues. Depends on how good you are whether it's worth something to you or not.

Thanks for the link, I've been working my way through the basic lessons. I've played on and off since I was in grade school, but never enough to get good at it. I'm determined to change that.

Edit: I just signed up for lessons at a music school not far from my house. (I live very near the House of Guitars in Rochester, NY). My plan is to get a solid hands-on foundation, so I can better take advantage of the Internet resources. There is so much out there, it's hard to know where to start. Right now, I'm at the "I don't know what I don't know" stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back