meet my New Babe.. 
size]

The 7 String Bitch

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #516 of 833
Any one who plays doom metal here?

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #519 of 833
Quote:
Which Ibanez did you trade??

This one. Not really my style, I guess. I'm more into blues and classic rock, and the whole Floyd Rose thing is really more bother than it's worth. (I guess I'm not a trem guy). The Dot is a much nicer guitar, has great blues tones, even with the stock pickups.

May 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #521 of 833
Here's my MIK DOT

May 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #522 of 833
Quote:
Mine is an Ibanez Artcore AS103 
biggrin.gif

semi-hollows sure are sexy

Yeah, I'm really starting to like semi-hollow guitars. Something about them, both the looks and the tones you can get. The Dot is a blast to play, even through my Mustang I. Can't wait to get a tube amp, although I can get some pretty good crunch cranking the gain knob with the Twin Reverb setting.

Quote:
Here's my MIK DOT

Nice. The newer Dots are made in China, but mine seems to be pretty well constructed. Can't really find much as far as fit/finish to complain about. Love the tone.

May 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #523 of 833

Quote:

Yeah, I'm really starting to like semi-hollow guitars. Something about them, both the looks and the tones you can get. The Dot is a blast to play, even through my Mustang I. Can't wait to get a tube amp, although I can get some pretty good crunch cranking the gain knob with the Twin Reverb setting.

Nice. The newer Dots are made in China, but mine seems to be pretty well constructed. Can't really find much as far as fit/finish to complain about. Love the tone.

I run mine through a Peavey Classic 30 head into a Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. All the Peavey tube goodness and plenty of crunch. If I want to get real loud and piss off the neighbors I have a Crate Blue Voodoo BV120H all tube head.

May 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #524 of 833
Quote:

I run mine through a Peavey Classic 30 head into a Crate Blue Voodoo half stack. All the Peavey tube goodness and plenty of crunch. If I want to get real loud and piss off the neighbors I have a Crate Blue Voodoo BV120H all tube head.

Nice amp setup.

I'm looking at this amp. Great range of tones, and you can dial down the power, so you can get the tone you want without getting visits from the police.

http://www.blackstaramps.com/products/ht-5r/

May 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #525 of 833
Adding to the axe collection:

2007 Gretsch Electromatic Corvette, signed by Fred Gretsch. This guitar had been hanging around the shop all these years. I got it pretty cheap, it was filthy and somewhat nicked up, strings totally shot. I just finished cleaning her up and restringing. Loving the short scale, seeing as I have tiny hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back