Guitar-fi anyone?
Dec 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #391 of 833
Thanks, EQ.

It's really nicely set up, and the most Tele-ish thing this side of the love child of Albert Lee and the late Mick Green...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-T6Dp2UAZo

Looking forward to making noise with it ( although to be honest, a lot more semi-competent on clarinet and saxophone ) when the Christmas present gets unwrapped*.

Tascam DP-008 :).

Love how it's not a menu-afflicted, modern, user - hostile job. Complete throwback to the Fostex X15 I had in my youth (except with knobs instead of sliders...)

Next stop, a Portastudio-Fi thread... :)

*OK. I did sneak a go before my wife repossessed it and circled it with barbed wire until 0.01 on the 25th... A breeze to use even with about 2 minutes on the Instructions (yes, I know it breaks man-rules, but you have to format the SDHC Card...)

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #392 of 833
bass guitar- fi

Fender 1988 MIJ 1957 Reissue

1998 MIA Fender Hot Rodded P bass

1991 Gibson Les Paul standard, and strat knock off. cat-fi

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #393 of 833
New year, new pictures. Not enough space in this little room... check out http://skudmunky.com or http://www.youtube.com/user/skudmunky if you wanna see what I do with this mess.

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #395 of 833
started playing bass over the summer, I got tired of looking for a bass player to record with so I just decided to learn bass myself. Lets me sketch out songs a lot faster.

Also, playing hysteria by muse on bass is so much fun!

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #396 of 833

Quote:
started playing bass over the summer, I got tired of looking for a bass player to record with so I just decided to learn bass myself. Lets me sketch out songs a lot faster.

Nice song indeed. What amp are you using with it?

My rig has gone through some changes as well. Main thing is another amp. A Vox AC30 and a new guitar. Some kind of Ibanez. No idea what model to be honest, but I like it. :)

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #398 of 833
Playing the bass through an Ampeg BA112 I picked up cheap on craigslist. There's a strange fuzzing the amp makes, which is why I got it so cheap. Works well enough for me to screw around though :D
Also, that vox looks damn sexy. I would love to get a new guitar amp head to play with, but I just don't want to spend another 800 bucks :p

Quote:
Quote:

Nice song indeed. What amp are you using with it?

My rig has gone through some changes as well. Main thing is another amp. A Vox AC30 and a new guitar. Some kind of Ibanez. No idea what model to be honest, but I like it. :)

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #399 of 833

Edwards Kiko.  27 frets, scalloped, locking tuners, real floyd rose, split-coils, neck-thru, mahogany body

I also have a Japanese copy Les Paul Custom built better and sounded better than any Gibson Standard I've ever played. It feels as good as a Gibson Custom, but doesn't sound as good.

When I was still in my band, I had a Van Halen Peavey 5150 half-stack... I miss that thing.

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #400 of 833

Quote:
^^^^ That's my dream amp....and also DRRI

Mine too! I have been thinking about a Mesa Lonestar as well, but I couldn't justify the pricetag since I mainly use the Vox sound anyway.

Quote:
Playing the bass through an Ampeg BA112 I picked up cheap on craigslist. There's a strange fuzzing the amp makes, which is why I got it so cheap. Works well enough for me to screw around though :D
Also, that vox looks damn sexy. I would love to get a new guitar amp head to play with, but I just don't want to spend another 800 bucks :p

Well, saves the money for another fuzz pedal I suppose. The main problem I have with amps is that it takes up so much space. I already moved a cabinet out of my room to be able to fit all my guitars in.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #403 of 833
Congrats love the case...I bet she's a beauty real-life wise.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #405 of 833
You should all check out Edwards. It's a branch off ESP that generally makes near identical copies. Their guitars aren't allowed sale in America, but they are extremely well crafted guitars. They have to be imported but it's definitely worth it. My Kiko is unparalleled in features and craftsmenship compared to the rest of the competition. Also, I have never heard another Les Paul have the sustain and sound of my Edwards Custom unless it was a $3000+ Gibson Custom. Extremely low action and longest sustain I've heard from a $1000 Les Paul. Notes would ring long after your best vocal runs out of breathe. They are imported from Japan on Ebay. I know it's a risk for musicians to buy an instrument before playing it, but they have amazing quality. I suggest you all take a look into what Edwards guitars are like. They definitely rival Gibson Custom Shop quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back