Guitar-fi anyone?
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #376 of 833

Quote:
This thread certainly deserves a bump.

Figured some of you fellow guitar fans might be interested in seeing this.  I've just finished building a "new" Strat for myself.  It's really tough to get the true color of it in pictures, but here goes anyways.  Check it out!  Click on the smaller pictures if you want to see them larger on flickr.  There are some more pictures of it on flickr as well that you can see by clicking on them.

The guitar is originally a 1991 MIM Strat.  The black paint and poly finish were ripped off (that stuff is STRONG) and it was then refinished with an aged (in color) nitro fiesta red.  The actual color of the guitar is hard to see in some pictures.  It has an orange/salmon hue to it.  The body is poplar I believe.

All of the electronics have been replaced as well.  I put in a set of Lindy Fralin Blues Special pickups with a 7% overwind and a baseplate on the bridge pickup.  Mint green pickguard with aged white pup covers and knobs.  I made one tone pot into a master tone, and the other is now a blender pot, letting me mix the bridge and neck pickup together.
I've also got a treble bleed/volume kit put in.  The capacitor is an orange drop .047.

This thing sounds absolutely fantastic and plays beautifully.  It pairs up with my Blues Junior perfectly.  If you're looking for some sweet sounding pickups, definitely check out what Lindy Fralin has to offer.

Very nice.

Jul 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #379 of 833
I'm sure a couple of you are on SS.org hamirite? If so you'll know me. 
tongue.gif

Ibanez RG1570L (w/Tremol-No, locking stud mod and DiMarzio Tone Zone, Red Velvet and PAF Pro pickups)
Feline Guitars custom 7 string w/Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups.

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #380 of 833

Not my picture, but it's the same bass that I currently own.

I don't have much interest in guitar anymore, so the Nitefly is going bye-bye soon.  Of course, anyone here can feel free to PM if interested. :wink:

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #382 of 833
not sure what kind of guitar that is it was a gift from my dad
but the other is a 3-Color Sunburst Fender jazz bass with a tortoise shell pick guard:)
I'm collecting Mio's stuff >_<
wall.jpg

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #383 of 833
My 'blond' Fender Baja Telecaster and my Ibanez AG95 Artcore

cheers!

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #385 of 833
Thanks! I really love them both. I use them with a Roland Cube 60 and/or a Vox AmPlug + Grado SR-60i for late night strumming. :)

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #389 of 833
Quote:
Quote:
My 'blond' Fender Baja Telecaster and my Ibanez AG95 Artcore

I would kill for those two!

Anyways here's mine:

Lefty Fender MIM 2004. Fender Special Run in Electron Blue.

SNIP

and here's my full setup:

Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera II Pedal

SNIP

¡Hola Bruno! Tuve que esperar unos 12 años para poder comprar ese par de bellezas.  Pero... ¡Tu Stratocaster 'Azul Electrón' no esta *nada* mal! 

¡Saludos!

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #390 of 833

Quote:
Black Parker P36.  

Not mine but exactly like that

Westone Raider Bass in (Hair Metal)-lic Red.

raider2bassfront.jpg
 Not mine either, but it gives you the general idea...

Sweet !   What a nice Parker!  You don't see those very often around here....

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back