Guitar-fi anyone?
Aug 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #631 of 833
Uke-Fi.  Followng a work team building ukulele lesson evening, I got (after nerding out on the research) a black plastic Korala Explore Concert.

Astounding example of cheapness done well. Injection moulded fingerboard and frets trumps wires hammered in haphazardly. Action and intonation is lovely.

I honestly could listen to this every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMW03_WKljU

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #632 of 833
Aug 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #633 of 833
  Uke-Fi.  Followng a work team building ukulele lesson evening, I got (after nerding out on the research) a black plastic Korala Explore Concert.

Astounding example of cheapness done well. Injection moulded fingerboard and frets trumps wires hammered in haphazardly. Action and intonation is lovely.

I honestly could listen to this every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMW03_WKljU

cool video
i play baritone uke
got the idea from lou barlow (dinosaur jr, sedadoh)
its basically a tenor guitar
its great for my tendonitis hands
i take a lot of crap from my peers as
no one seems to take it as a serious instrument
the korala seems to be a british thing do you know of
a US distributer... read some good reviews

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #634 of 833
Peers, eh? Always a problem until you staple their eylids open and make them watch every other YT of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Harsh, I know, but they will be better people afterwards.

It sems like you may not be able to get a Korala Explore in America. However, I saw http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korala-Black-Panther-Concert-Ukulele-Fitted-With-Aquila-Strings-/171338484965?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item27e491cce5 which suggests they might ship to you, but it may not be worth it as it's so cheap, and the shipping costs might be high to you.

I think it's a general purpose Asian uke. Maybe marked as Clearwater in places. You may have to wait until a US distributor catches on ...

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #635 of 833
  Peers, eh? Always a problem until you staple their eylids open and make them watch every other YT of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Harsh, I know, but they will be better people afterwards.

It sems like you may not be able to get a Korala Explore in America. However, I saw http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korala-Black-Panther-Concert-Ukulele-Fitted-With-Aquila-Strings-/171338484965?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments&hash=item27e491cce5 which suggests they might ship to you, but it may not be worth it as it's so cheap, and the shipping costs might be high to you.

I think it's a general purpose Asian uke. Maybe marked as Clearwater in places. You may have to wait until a US distributor catches on ...

ha! 
also jake shimabakuro holy crap he's amazing
ill keep an eye out for the Korala

most people i know equate the uke with a cheap toy in the hands of tiny tim
not some of the finely made instruments out there
i play an Oscar Shmidt Baritone made of spalted mango wood w/abalone and MOP inlays

Aug 9, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #638 of 833
Aug 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #639 of 833
First impression after a quick go.

The Clean channel is really nice, surprising amount of headroom, even at 1w too. At 18w it is deafeningly loud. I am only running it through a 1x12 and I can't see me doing that again at home at 18w. It's so loud ! 

The crunch channel, Gain at the back about half way (like the photo), and I got darn close to a classic Marshall Plexi sound that we all know.

I haven't put any pedals though it yet nor the Solo Channel (but according to the manual, the Solo channel is like the Crunch Channel with the rear gain knob to the max), and got to work now but so far, this amp lived up to expectation and then some. Love it.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #640 of 833
Gorgeous amp that Bogner. simply jaw dropping. Congratulations!

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #641 of 833
First impression after a quick go.

The Clean channel is really nice, surprising amount of headroom, even at 1w too. At 18w it is deafeningly loud. I am only running it through a 1x12 and I can't see me doing that again at home at 18w. It's so loud ! 

Nice amp
I really like the idea of a low wattage tube amp
My ole champ is too loud to overdrive the power tube

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back