Guitar-fi anyone?
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #602 of 833
Very nice! What do you think the odds are of me guessing your favorite color on the first try?

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #606 of 833
Classical: Ramirez 2NE
Electric: Fender butterscotch thin skin 52 RI, US Made Fender Blues Jr. Tweed (dark and buzzy), Roland Space Echo, Maxon vintage analog delay.

Also borrowing my buddy's amazing guitar while he is in Vietnam. It's an old Guild M30 from the 60s. Sort of like a slightly bigger version of the M-20 made famous by Nick Drake aficionados.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #607 of 833

You could say I like guitars :)  

Top row (left to right): 2005 Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ GFS Fat Pat pickups
                               1986 Fender Stratocaster Made In Japan
                               ~2004 ESP LTD MH-100QMNT

Bottom row:              BC Rich warlock 
                                Home built telecaster

Amps:                      VHT Special 6 w/ JJ tubes
                                79 Fender Vibrochamp w/ Jensen MOD 8-20 speaker

Pedals (right to left): Behringer TO100, Digitech Bad Monkey, Joyo Ultimate Drive, Fender Starcaster Chorus, Joyo Analog delay.

There are other things not pictured like a Roland MicroCube, Modified Boss DS-1, Sigma DM-4 Acoustic guitar, Misc other pedals

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #608 of 833
How am I only seeing this thread now. I will post pics of my baby later. 

May 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #609 of 833
I own this baby (actually an LTD H-1001 FM)

As well as a Black/white stratocaster that's a Japan made edition, with a floyd rose floating bridge. I don't have any pics with me though.

May 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #611 of 833
The latest addition to the stable: Gretsch G5420 Electromatic. I went to a guitar show over the weekend, and wound up doing a trade and getting the exact guitar I went there looking for. I've been wanting a Gretsch hollowbody ever since I got my Gretsch Corvette last year.

May 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #612 of 833
  The latest addition to the stable: Gretsch G5420 Electromatic. I went to a guitar show over the weekend, and wound up doing a trade and getting the exact guitar I went there looking for. I've been wanting a Gretsch hollowbody ever since I got my Gretsch Corvette last year.

What does the neck feel like - is it fast or does it have that "stickiness" like most arc-tops have? I love the look of gretch guitars

May 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #613 of 833
  What does the neck feel like - is it fast or does it have that "stickiness" like most arc-tops have? I love the look of gretch guitars

It's not a shredder neck, but it is pretty slim, with a definite "D" profile. 

They seem to work pretty well for Brian Setzer.
smile.gif

Also, my new bass arrived today. I was looking for a short scale bass, and got an Epiphone Rumblekat. The A string has a bad buzz on the open and first four frets, which is kind of disappointing. I've not had real good luck buying guitars online, and the streak now is 1 good guitar, two guitars with problems. I like the bass itself, very comfortable and fairly light for a bass. The shorter scale is much easier for me to play, especially the first few frets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back