Guitar-fi anyone?
Nov 3, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #331 of 833
I've got a Gibson SG Diablo and a custom feder relic by Rittenhouse Guitars all played through a fender Hot Rod Deluxe.

On the acoustic from I've got a Guild and a Yamaha.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #332 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really sure how I feel about a repaired neck though...

find a local guitar store and see if you can get a new or slightly strat neck for cheap. next best bet would be online

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #334 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, specifically, was repaired about the neck?

Looks like there was a nice big crack in it towards the headstock. Now there's a lighter colored piece of wood there. The nut was also replaced, though it isn't locking thankfully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
find a local guitar store and see if you can get a new or slightly strat neck for cheap. next best bet would be online

I'll have to do that some time soon. Maybe I can find an old MIM Strat for cheap to get a good quality neck and body and throw in the pickups I want and eventually get around to refinishing it.

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #336 of 833
Pics?

If it is a crack in just the headstock I wouldn't be too worried but if it is elsewhere that is not good.

The replacement nut isn't really a big deal. If it was replaced, it is probably better than the one that came stock on the guitar, provided the new one was installed and adjusted correctly.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #337 of 833
Here's the one picture I was sent of the neck damage. The rest were of the guitar in general. Otherwise, it looks fairly nice, though he has no clue as to what is original in it or not. He says he thinks the pick guard was replaced and doesn't know about the pickups, just that they "sound nice."

Nov 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #338 of 833
Anyone here a fan of single coils? And if so, any special single coil strat pickups for recommendation? I want something else than the customs, and sure dont want the texas specials.

I've been looking @ Fralin blues special pickups, anyone try fralins?

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #339 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the one picture I was sent of the neck damage. The rest were of the guitar in general. Otherwise, it looks fairly nice, though he has no clue as to what is original in it or not. He says he thinks the pick guard was replaced and doesn't know about the pickups, just that they "sound nice."

If it was repaired professionally I bet it's pretty solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone here a fan of single coils? And if so, any special single coil strat pickups for recommendation? I want something else than the customs, and sure dont want the texas specials.

I've been looking @ Fralin blues special pickups, anyone try fralins?

I've only heard great things about Fralins but I have never played them. I love the sound of single coils very much.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #340 of 833
My current collection includes:

Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Peavey Wolfgang USA Special
Yamaha PAC812W
Washburn WI66PROG
Dean Sarasota
Ibanez DT250 X-series (still have my 1st guitar)
Peavey JF-1
Takamine EG523SC
Kramer Ferrington
Brain Moore Custom Shop Bass (can't recall the specific model)
Yamaha RBX 170

Amps:
Peavey Transtube Studio
Peavey Classic30
Traynor XM200

And a ton of different pedals

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #341 of 833
This thread needs more pictures: here's my current rig.

main.php

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #342 of 833
4155836877_a10324fdb8.jpg

Here's my stuff. Sorry for the cell phone pic. Uke and acoustic guitar are in their cases. Pedalboard has Korg Pitchblack, Boss CS-3, BYOC Overdrive2, BYOC Large Beaver, Boss CH-1, EHX Holy Grail. Amp is Valve Junior (stock), red box on top is Weber MiniMass. The Cube is my girlfriend's.

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #344 of 833
It works really well. I can get away with playing my guitar with the volume on the head at 10-11 o'clock (which is my preferred setting) with the volume on the MiniMass set to nearly the lowest volume. I'm not sure how whiny your neighbors are but I don't think I bother anyone. However, the corner with the amp is located at the corner of the building so it's not like there's anyone right there except for maybe if someone's in the room directly above. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I recommend the MiniMass to get overdrive at very reasonable levels. There is no way (without getting evicted) I would be able to play in my apartment with the head at that level without the MiniMass.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #345 of 833
I picked up a Jackson Falcon not too long ago, it's a pretty killer axe but wow, the neck is a lot thinner than on my ESPs. It's the precursor to the Caparison Horus not sure if you are are familiar with that or not. Here's it with my ESP Maverick after I did some pickup swapping. I'm going to be exchangin the Super 3 in the Maverick for a d-activator with dimarzio...

supers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back