Guide me: Best on ear headphone, for iPod Touch, under $200, with 90 degree connector to iPod
Aug 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #16 of 16
Quote:
I got my headphones three days ago for $161 at Amazon.  The sound is quite amazing and the built quality seems to be high. Engineers really cared how it was made and apparently did not want a lot of breakage.  The size of the cups is almost perfect and the seal is good.

On the con side the cups don't extend low enough for my taste.  I have a buzz cut and the phones fully extended barely reach the proper point on my ears.  If I'm wearing a hat I have to choose to squash the hat to get the proper positioning or just wear the cups a little high (not by much).

But the one thing that is pretty much a deal-breaker is the pressure these things exert on my ears!  Like a darn vice.  I wear phones for long periods.  Yesterday for 4 hours and I was relieved when I finally took them off in my car to listen to my car stereo.  I wear glasses with the frame memory metal also so they deform and bounce back fine.  But the M-80 kept crushing my ears something fierce.

A day earlier I bent the phones so that the cans would angle slightly forward to contour to my ears and that worked rather well.  I tried to full extend the band horizontal to make them not crush my head so much but that did not work enough.  Is there a way to make these not crush so hard?

For two weeks I demo'ed the Bose OE-2 and thought they were light-weight, cups fit nice since they were oval like our ears, and okay.  They did not sound as good as some but were very comfortable.  Yet I bought the ones without the iPod controls so that was a deal-breaker there having to reach down to my iPod to advance songs

So now I'm in limbo again.  Accept the poorer sound but better comfort of the OE-2 or accept the powerful grip of the M-80...Or if there are other alternatives?

I had the same problem at first with my HD25s. Let them stretch out a bit on something (a box usually works) and they'll grip less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back