Guess what. I love my Etys!
Mar 7, 2003 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hugoamt

New Head-Fier
Just go my ER4Ses today and I can't believe my ears. I couldn't be happier. They even fit well on the first try. All my fears about discomfort and lack of bass have been shot to pieces. Just wait till I pick up my amp tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Just had to share a bit. BTW, Erik Truffaz sounds phenomenal in these things. I can here the accoustic bass player breathe! I don't believe it. He sure was having a hard time with this riff. Can't wait to listen to the rest of my albums for the first time again!

Mar 7, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #2 of 13
hugoamt,

Glad to hear that you like them so much. Only, just wait until you get the 4S's hooked up to an amp...you'll be knocked off your feet!!! And you think the bass is well defined now...you're in for another surprize!!! One point of advice, and I'm not headphone bashing (not ment to provoke flaming replies), if you thoroughly enjoy the sound of the Ety's, then don't ever go for the HD600's. They are the complete opposite of the Ety's type of sound. But if you also like an extremely laid back sound, then that's another story. Also, what amp will you be using with your new 4S's?

Mar 7, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 13
I am very sorry to hear that, hugoamt
wink.gif
. From now on, your ears are irrevocably spoiled, and will tolerate nothing less. Pity those lesser headphones, for they will never find a place in your stable again.

Your only possibilty of reprieve from your fate lies in the famed land of where they only listen to cans with numbers like R10, HP-1, and Omega II. But that is another tale...

smily_headphones1.gif

(/Congrats on your Ety's - ENJOY!!!!)

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 13
Thanks everybuddy. For now I'm just getting a CHA 47 for portable use. But I can't help reading about and pondering over a better amp for home use. I think I'll wait until the novelty wears off and I start falling into a regular pattern of use. Feel free to make suggestions though, just don't let my wallet know.
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for you jpelg, the words "Get thee behind me, Satan" come to mind.
evil_smiley.gif
Hopefully I won't run into a detour to that famed land too soon.

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 13
And once you've been used to the Etys for a while, you'll find that practically everything else (headphone-wise) that you'll hear will sound shyte...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 13
Congrats on the Etys. CHA47 makes a difference with the Etys, but a dedicated home amp would make a huge difference! What's your source for portable use?

LOL on the musician breathing. I've been listening to Rostropovich (Bach's Cello Suites) and I find myself breathing with him to the music. I can hear him re-positioning himself during some of the more difficult passages. Talk about "discovering" your music!

Mar 7, 2003 at 2:52 PM Post #10 of 13
shafu: I'll be using an SL-CT570 for portable use. Now I really think I'll never drive again. High gas prices + good portable rig = public transportation.

Welly Wu: I couldn't find the Headroom foam tips you mention on their website. Are they something I have to call to order?

Mar 7, 2003 at 4:01 PM Post #12 of 13
Etys make public transportation livable. Even plane rides.

I have a Cha47 with my ER4P - S adapter and the sounds is great. Now is a great time for portable amps, we have so many choices: Cha47, portable Meta, supermini, porta corda.

For what it's worth, I don't like the foams at all with the Etys. I find the silicon provides a better seal and seems more durable than the foams. Of course, I haven't tried the larger size (but don't think it'll help) and others prefer the foam over the silicon tips...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back