Guess those headphones? The ones Becka uses in Pitch Perfect
Oct 3, 2012 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Venasa

Head-Fier
So I usually wouldn't pay money to see a film such as Pitch Perfect but I work as a projectionist and as such ended up watching it last night during work. I got interested though in the headphones the main character 'Beca' uses throughout the film. I think its two different pairs as the ear cushions change colour. So on the off chance that anyone has seen this, any guesses? Cant work out how to post a picture right now (could be my browser) but heres a link http://www.imdb.com/media/rm299477504/tt1981677

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 19
(I know I'm very late, but I just watched the show)
Beca uses a 7506 at the start of the movie, when she's arriving at college. She continues to use this for a while after moving in to her dorm room.
Later on, when she's more settled in the dorm, she changes to a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. The grey velour pads on the 770 are probably why it looked like she changed the cushion colours--she actually changed headphones altogether.

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 19
Here are some screencaps for reference of the scene with the dt 770. The guy wears them wrong in the closeup, probably to act as a silly kid

http://min.us/mUafKcwSWrzXB

I don't think embedding is allowed due to copyright but linking should be fine

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 19
Those are definitely 7506's in the original pic.

Yeah, and if you look closely you can tell she has them on backwards! (right side on left) I noticed this during the movie because the top of the headband "Studio Monitors" is facing the wrong direction, and then I noticed red=right blue=left (this is harder to see in the photo but easier in other shots) and the wire comes from the left. Funny stuff :)

Also offtopic but nice pair of A900X :cool:

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:
Yeah, and if you look closely you can tell she has them on backwards! (right side on left) I noticed this during the movie because the top of the headband "Studio Monitors" is facing the wrong direction, and then I noticed red=right blue=left (this is harder to see in the photo but easier in other shots) and the wire comes from the left. Funny stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Also offtopic but nice pair of A900X
cool.gif

I couldn't help but laugh at this, only a head fi'er would notice her wearing the headphones the wrong way! Classic lol 
gs1000.gif

And thanks, I love these cans 
atsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 19
YKYAAW when your trying to figure out the ohms on those DT770's
size]

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 19
Feb 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #12 of 19
May 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:
Really? Thanks. She needs an amp..

A bunch of my coworkers use that exact headphone without an amp and are perfectly happy.  I use it as well, but with an amp.  An amp helps, but isn't required with them.  But yeah, after going through the Shure SRH-840 and the Audio Technica ATH-M50, I settled on the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm and couldn't be happier with it.  Taking into account sound, comfort, isolation and price (~$165 on Ebay), it's hard to beat.  What can I say, "Beca" has good taste in headphones.

May 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
Here are some screencaps for reference of the scene with the dt 770. The guy wears them wrong in the closeup, probably to act as a silly kid
http://min.us/mUafKcwSWrzXB

I don't think embedding is allowed due to copyright but linking should be fine

LOL!  Apparently they know nothing about the 770, wearing them like that makes a very unsatisfying listening experience (SQ wise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back