GS solo "ultra linear"?
Feb 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

oldson

1000+ Head-Fier
anybody got any details on this?

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 9
Sorry but could not disagree more........unlike many in the "Hi Fi" biz the guy knows what he is talking about and he puts this into practise.
I am about 400 hours into a Solo U/L and can honestly say it's a great listen (with ATH W 1000s and Senn 250 11 ).Having had an extended audition of an SRG II I reckon the U/L is better,best advice is to try and audition one for yourself,I think you will be impressed ! 

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 9
I have owned a few of Graham's headphone amps (Voyager, Green Solo, Solo SRG, and Solo SRGII) and each one has sounded great with the SRGII w/ the PSU1 being the best sounding of them. I do not know what Graham is using in the Ultra Linear and could care less, I just want the amp to sound great! Maybe one day I will hear one and report back, meanwhile I am enjoying the SRGII. Cheers.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Sorry but could not disagree more........unlike many in the "Hi Fi" biz the guy knows what he is talking about and he puts this into practise.
I am about 400 hours into a Solo U/L and can honestly say it's a great listen (with ATH W 1000s and Senn 250 11 ).Having had an extended audition of an SRG II I reckon the U/L is better,best advice is to try and audition one for yourself,I think you will be impressed ! 

Wow. Another Solo Ultra-Linear on head-fi. I was beginning to think I had a one off from Graham Slee
k701smile.gif

I came from a Solo 2007 and the Ultra-Linear was a marked improvement in sound quality.

I don't know if it's press blurb or not. Couldn't care less what componemnts are used. Good circuit design seems to be more important then when an amp sounds this natural, airy, refined and enganging. But really do give it a listen and then judge. To write this amp off by component  choice alone is to do it a disservice.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I think they are using one of a small number of op-amps that have extra ports available that access the middle of the circuit instead of just the input / output / power supplies. The rest of the blurb is just name-dropping marketing poo: Phono Stage Preamps Headphone Amplifiers Line Amps Interconnect Cables & Audio Kits by Graham Slee

I've got both a SoloSRGII and an Era Gold V phono stage from Graham Slee, and they each perform flawlessly. I've never come across another manufacturer who is so averse to "marketing poo". IMO he doesn't really do enough to get his products known more widely . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back