GS Audio Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,112 of 1,414
Good point, I concur.
I have piano and guitars.
I prefer natural sound. I hear unnatural from GK10, my BAs and hybrid sets actually. Few of thems annoy me a bit especially if I swap from my favorite set, ISN EST50, but some are okay.
Usually, I let my ears rest awhile before rotating to other sets.

Cheers
Unfortunately im very busy working at the moment but i will eventually give my reply to the posters question "please explain to me the difference between a Frequency Response and Tuning"? I can't go into it at the moment because it is EXTREMELY complex and we need to examine 'Fourier Transformation Analysis' to truly understand why an IEM can sound significantly different than it's FR Graph may indicate? but whilst I'm on my coffee break i wanted to get your impressions on the ISN EST50? I have been really interested in it ever since its release but theres nearly zero "real world" user reviews?
Looking for something new to apeas my inner basshead lol
Just 2 or 3 questions really.
What are you mainly listening too with them?
What did they replace and how do they compare to said replacement?
And finally, how do they sound and are they a worthy Basshead IEM?
Thanx in advance for your help much appreciate it🎵👍

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #1,114 of 1,414
What are you mainly listening too with them?
Rock, metal and gospel
What did they replace and how do they compare to said replacement
LZ A7 gold and black nozzle and monitor mode. I wanted more bass without losing clarity.
I bet with EST50 based one person's review 😂
I am happy with my choice. To my ears, the EST50 is better in every way although I felt the bass some times is too much.
The Radius Deep Mount and pure silver cable tame the bass a bit while still maintaning others.
Honestly, this EST50 can be my end game. Will I buy other IEMs? Yes, more because of my curiosity and addiction 😂

And finally, how do they sound and are they a worthy Basshead IEM?

I do not have totl or better iems to compare to. Among my collections, yes it is.

Hope it helps.

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #1,115 of 1,414
GS Audio recommended the SE8 or ST10 for prog/rock/metal/live genres but it's a bit expensive for a blind buy. I'm inclined for the less expensive ST4 or GT12 (or the new GT12x) but I'm not sure what expect. Any experience with these sets?

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #1,116 of 1,414
GS Audio recommended the SE8 or ST10 for prog/rock/metal/live genres but it's a bit expensive for a blind buy. I'm inclined for the less expensive ST4 or GT12 (or the new GT12x) but I'm not sure what expect. Any experience with these sets?
Based on the graph, I think the GT12X should be good for rock/metal

Nov 16, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #1,117 of 1,414
Based on the graph, I think the GT12X should be good for rock/metal
Looks to be good. Let's wait for the first impressions.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #1,118 of 1,414
Some early impressions on the ST8B and the Mangrid Tea(small edit the Tea are of the newer tuning/QC problems keep that in mind). Listening was done via 3.5mm on the Cayin N3Pro solid state mode, and PC -> Schiit Bifrost->Schiit Jot2
ST8B-Tea.jpg

Soundstage/tech/ect
The soundstage is much larger on the ST8B. Imaging and the macro and micro details without putting in much time trying to listen to deeply seems to be better on the ST8B.

Bass
Probably the perfect example of BA vs DD bass presentation. When swapping back and forth the ST8B had slightly thicker presentation to the bass, with the Tea having a bit less bite but more overall impact.

Mids/Treble
Teas have a slightly brighter presentation, slightly lighter presentation compared to the little bit thicker ST8B

Overall presentation
Both feels more similar then not, while you are getting better tech/soundstage out of the St8B, the teas will give you a bit more lighter brighter presentation. In all honestly with about 4-5hours of listening done to the Teas, it probably doesn't make much sense to own both since they both fit the same overall role.

Also updated waterfall plots
Waterfall.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

Attachments

• Waterfall.jpg
    Waterfall.jpg
    783.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #1,119 of 1,414
Some early impressions on the ST8B and the Mangrid Tea. Listening was done via 3.5mm on the Cayin N3Pro solid state mode, and PC -> Schiit Bifrost->Schiit Jot2
ST8B-Tea.jpg

Soundstage/tech/ect
The soundstage is much larger on the ST8B. Imaging and the macro and micro details without putting in much time trying to listen to deeply seems to be better on the ST8B.

Bass
Probably the perfect example of BA vs DD bass presentation. When swapping back and forth the ST8B had slightly thicker presentation to the bass, with the Tea having a bit less bite but more overall impact.

Mids/Treble
Teas have a slightly brighter presentation, slightly lighter presentation compared to the little bit thicker ST8B

Overall presentation
Both feels more similar then not, while you are getting better tech/soundstage out of the St8B, the teas will give you a bit more lighter brighter presentation. In all honestly with about 4-5hours of listening done to the Teas, it probably doesn't make much sense to own both since they both fit the same overall role.

Waterfall.jpg

Waterfall.jpg
On the Teas, how does that canyon between 4k-7k affect the overall sound. I would think they are missing some important info through that range?
Maybe thats what contributes to the ' lighter and brighter' feeling?

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #1,120 of 1,414
Some early impressions on the ST8B and the Mangrid Tea. Listening was done via 3.5mm on the Cayin N3Pro solid state mode, and PC -> Schiit Bifrost->Schiit Jot2
ST8B-Tea.jpg

Soundstage/tech/ect

Bass

Mids/Treble

Overall presentation

Waterfall.jpg

Waterfall.jpg

Your Teas look very different than crinacle's. It seems you have a set with QC issues

graph_-_2021-11-18T094231.034.png

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,121 of 1,414
ST8B-Tea.jpg

Soundstage/tech/ect

Bass

Mids/Treble

Overall presentation

Waterfall.jpg

Waterfall.jpg
How does the ST8B compare to the LZ A7? And, if you hae heard the Audiosense T800, I would like a comparison with that also.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #1,122 of 1,414
CBA9896A-2A4A-40CD-B7CF-D2596FB4A578.jpeg

Been rotating SE12 (in the morning) -> GD5 (during work hours) -> Odin (evening) -> Traillii (late night)

SE12 and Traillii are near identical in driver setup and yet they are very complimentary. More energetic and vibrant presentation (SE12) to relaxed and shimmery presentation of the Traillii.
I would say Traillii is more resolving but the SE12 is not far behind. Maybe hitting 85-90% on my ballpark estimation. Soundstage is wider and deeper on the Traillii. Timbre is very good on SE12 and exceptional on Traillii.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #1,123 of 1,414
Headsup: My ST1 review is almost done (hopefully tomorrow). But honestly, just get the GD3A instead, such a big stomp lol.

BrolyStompsGoku.gif

BrolyVsGoku.gif

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,124 of 1,414
Your Teas look very different than crinacle's. It seems you have a set with QC issues

graph_-_2021-11-18T094231.034.png
Just lovely I can see about potential getting an exchange then. I shall make an adjustment noting that in the previous post for a reference.
How does the ST8B compare to the LZ A7? And, if you hae heard the Audiosense T800, I would like a comparison with that also.
I can get the lz a7 back from the kids in a few days any particular nozzle or setting you want a comparison of? I have not heard the Audio sense T800 before.
On the Teas, how does that canyon between 4k-7k affect the overall sound. I would think they are missing some important info through that range?
Maybe thats what contributes to the ' lighter and brighter' feeling?
Let me get back to you more on this one. When i get off i can try to EQ the range up and give a more thorough response.

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,125 of 1,414
Headsup: My ST1 review is almost done (hopefully tomorrow). But honestly, just get the GD3A instead, such a big stomp lol.

BrolyStompsGoku.gif
BrolyVsGoku.gif
Looking at their graph compared to your reference, I'd already kinda predicted this outcome. Does it at least compare favorably to the reference Etymotic flat tuning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back