GS Audio Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #1,036 of 1,414
Hi
I own a few GS models and I will say that the GD3A the GD5 the GD7B and ST1 are top of my list
SD3 and SD5 are excellent but too bright as compared to the GD equivalent
GT12x I have on the way and ST4 will finish review soon
Hello.
Does GD5 good improvement if i have gd3a? Or it gives not much for extra 50$? Mostly I'm very satisfied with gd3a sound but i think highs could be better.

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,037 of 1,414
Hi to all!
Dear fans of high-quality sound, please tell me which headphones are worth paying attention to the budget is up to $ 350? (I listen mainly to electronic music and rock classics. I plan to connect to my smartphone via Jade Audio FiiO KA3)
I honestly read all 69 pages of the topic, but I could not decide ... (according to the charts available for some models, my favorites are GD5 and GT12, but it would be very interesting to see the SD5, SD7 and GD9 graphics, and of course I am very much waiting for information from the manufacturer about GD3c and GT12x)
In addition to GS products in the audio list of applicants:
7Hz - Timeless
MoonDrop - Blessing 2 Dusk
Fearless Audio - Shangri-la
Penon-Globe
VEEDIX - SILVER STRING
Sound Rhyme - SR5
Lamim has given you some Exellent choice's but i would like to mention one more?
Take a look at the IMR Elan?
It has a 10mm Carbon Nano Tube Driver with a Diamond Like Carbon Diaphragm plus a Bone Conduction Driver. I have not heard the Elan but have owned 5 different IMR IEM'S and they are fantastic! What makes them rise above the game is the genius tuning system allowing you over 100 different sound Signiture's? They also come with 2(maybe 3) Cables all presented in a lovely storage case. The customer service is also the best i have encountered with ANY developer!
People who have the Elan say it is fantastic, very very engaging with a holographic soundstage with deep bass, clear midrange & sparkly treble with great clarity and VERY high level micro & macro detail retrieval. Add to that 6 Treble filters & 8 Bass nozzles and you have yourself a VERY VERY capable IEM.
Also, Bob the developer/owner is the coolest & kindest person you will ever deal with on the interweb! Due to all the above i have been a bit of an IMR fanboy for the last couple of years but unfortunately sold all my IMR IEM'S in order to buy my UM MEST MK2! But i HIGHLY recommend them👍

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #1,038 of 1,414
Lamim has given you some Exellent choice's but i would like to mention one more?
Take a look at the IMR Elan?
It has a 10mm Carbon Nano Tube Driver with a Diamond Like Carbon Diaphragm plus a Bone Conduction Driver. I have not heard the Elan but have owned 5 different IMR IEM'S and they are fantastic! What makes them rise above the game is the genius tuning system allowing you over 100 different sound Signiture's? They also come with 2(maybe 3) Cables all presented in a lovely storage case. The customer service is also the best i have encountered with ANY developer!
People who have the Elan say it is fantastic, very very engaging with a holographic soundstage with deep bass, clear midrange & sparkly treble with great clarity and VERY high level micro & macro detail retrieval. Add to that 6 Treble filters & 8 Bass nozzles and you have yourself a VERY VERY capable IEM.
Also, Bob the developer/owner is the coolest & kindest person you will ever deal with on the interweb! Due to all the above i have been a bit of an IMR fanboy for the last couple of years but unfortunately sold all my IMR IEM'S in order to buy my UM MEST MK2! But i HIGHLY recommend them👍
Elan has a price 2 times higher than my budget:L3000:

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #1,039 of 1,414
Hi
I own a few GS models and I will say that the GD3A the GD5 the GD7B and ST1 are top of my list
SD3 and SD5 are excellent but too bright as compared to the GD equivalent
GT12x I have on the way and ST4 will finish review soon
If you found the SD iems too sharp I would try the ST8B, seems like the most relaxed tuning of all their S iems. I believe someone said the bass was similar in quantity to the gd3a as well, which would be impressive if true. @gallappago really liked these, here's a cut down version of his impressions highlighting the stuff about the st8b.
ST8B

So this is what I would probably describe as the perfect laid back IEM that I have tried so far. Everything is well balanced throughout the mix with some treble rolloff at the end. Nothing is extremely overpowered at all. There is less air and soundstage presence then the rest of the collection here. Technicalities are in-between the ST6A and ST10.

Comparison

Fearless Roland

Is there any Fearless Roland fans somehow still out there? Yes the Roland is Dark. The ST8B could be a potential upgrade path. The ST8B gives you overall a higher level of technicalities and soundstage with giving you some more energy where the Roland is just too dark overall at. You do lose the speed of a DD driver for the bass, but the rest of the presentation would be an overall upgrade. And honestly since the EST drivers are honestly wasted here, the treble has overall much better quality and texture overall. Even when you EQ the treble down to the Roland's darkness.

Conclusion

Overall the GS Audio Line up was a pleasant surprise. The only one I truly did not care for that much was the ST6B. I can overall highly recommend most of the items here. For most people I would lean the ST6A and the GD3A will probably be the most popular. Safe general tunings that works. The ST8B could be the sleeper here for anyone that likes a more relax presentation. The ST10 honestly probably does not do enough to warrant the higher price tag. Yeah it is better then the ST6A, worth the price difference debatable. The ST8 will probably get the most used out of them for me, since it is more relaxed presentation(I deal with migraines/headaches too often sadly) but the ST6A or ST10 is certainly the better sounding sets.

For me it turned out to be ST8B>ST6A=GD3>ST10>ST6B
It certainly ticks all the boxes for what I want in an iem, just like the gt12, so Im kinda between these and the GT12X, not to mention the ST8B isnt that much more than the GT12X so I think they would make for a great comparison.

I also talked with GS Audio, they said they will send me a GT12X vs ST8B graph as well once they publish graphs.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #1,040 of 1,414
Elan has a price 2 times higher than my budget:L3000:
SORRY I forgot about price because i look at all the prices with a 35% discount!? Once you buy your first IMR Monitor you get a Loyalty discount!

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,041 of 1,414
If you found the SD iems too sharp I would try the ST8B, seems like the most relaxed tuning of all their S iems. I believe someone said the bass was similar in quantity to the gd3a as well, which would be impressive if true. @gallappago really liked these, here's a cut down version of his impressions highlighting the stuff about the st8b.

It certainly ticks all the boxes for what I want in an iem, just like the gt12, so Im kinda between these and the GT12X, not to mention the ST8B isnt that much more than the GT12X so I think they would make for a great comparison.

I also talked with GS Audio, they said they will send me a GT12X vs ST8B graph as well once they publish graphs.
For some reason I overlooked the ST8B but it looks fantastic, one of the best iv seen! I love that the low end is the Sonion 38 & 37 Series these are the best BA Bass without doubt! There is one thing i have never heard before and that the Ultra High Frequency being taken care by "Louis" do you have any idea what this means?

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,042 of 1,414
For some reason I overlooked the ST8B but it looks fantastic, one of the best iv seen! I love that the low end is the Sonion 38 & 37 Series these are the best BA Bass without doubt! There is one thing i have never heard before and that the Ultra High Frequency being taken care by "Louis" do you have any idea what this means?
My guess is he's some sort of expert or one of their employees, I can try asking them haha. Yeah the ST8B and GT12X both look very good. On one hand you have Sonion 38 & 37 series for bass + 4 knowles twfk drivers for highs, then on the other hand you have a very similar configuration that uses knowles' new 31 series bass driver + the sonion 38 series instead for bass, and 8 bellsing twfk drivers for highs instead. Both have really nice looking graphs too. I would love to get my hands on both but sadly I can only afford one..

Nov 7, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #1,043 of 1,414
My guess is he's some sort of expert or one of their employees, I can try asking them haha. Yeah the ST8B and GT12X both look very good. On one hand you have Sonion 38 & 37 series for bass + 4 knowles twfk drivers for highs, then on the other hand you have a very similar configuration that uses knowles' new 31 series bass driver + the sonion 38 series instead for bass, and 8 bellsing twfk drivers for highs instead. Both have really nice looking graphs too. I would love to get my hands on both but sadly I can only afford one..
Yes the G12x graph looks fantastic not far off my own personal target, i did not realize the new Knowles driver was a woofer! It could be very good actually going by how well they done with the 22955! If they tune the 12x exactly to the graph it could be one of the most desirable GS Audio Monitor's, well for me anyway!

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,044 of 1,414
Yes the G12x graph looks fantastic not far off my own personal target, i did not realize the new Knowles driver was a woofer! It could be very good actually going by how well they done with the 22955! If they tune the 12x exactly to the graph it could be one of the most desirable GS Audio Monitor's, well for me anyway!
From my understanding I thought the bass was handled by 38 and 37 series Sonion in the Gt12 and Gt12x...but you say it's 22955 Knowles .....I'm confused.....guess I need to ask

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #1,045 of 1,414
From my understanding I thought the bass was handled by 38 and 37 series Sonion in the Gt12 and Gt12x...but you say it's 22955 Knowles .....I'm confused.....guess I need to ask
GT12X is made of...

Screenshot_20211107_233348.jpg

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,046 of 1,414
They're using a 31 series Knowles for mid-bass in the upcoming GT12X. 38 series Sonion remains the driver of choice for BA bass and sub-bass performance that mimicks a dynamic driver. I do wish they would provide the Bellsing series number for their upper mids and treble drivers.

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #1,047 of 1,414
Not that confusing.

GT12X:
2 * Sonion 38 series for sub bass
2 * Knowles 31 series for mid bass
8 * TWFK "custom" clones for everything else

ST8B:
2 * Sonion 38 series for sub bass
2 * Sonion 37 series for mid bass
4 * Genuine Knowles TWFK drivers for everything else

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #1,048 of 1,414
That's a lot of TWFK BAs!
252481571_179867047668728_1220307119046909291_n.jpg

(From the GS Audio Facebook page)

Nov 7, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #1,050 of 1,414
I saw this pic and thought wow that actually looks sexy. Normally I don't dig being able to see all the drivers cause it's usually kinda messy and bootleg looking but this looks nice.
I paid for all these drivers, I'm going to SEE all these drivers! 😤

Users who are viewing this thread

Back