GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #256 of 1,414
Just for notice from AE, my custom built ST10 is shipped!

Now it’s time to try!
Just hope AE Standard Shipping is motivated on this delivery🥺

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #257 of 1,414
Usually, 1 BA would struggle a lot with technicalities. But that sonion BA seems to be a good one, no idea what the GT2 uses though. (at least their graphs are somewhat similar.)

I would go for the ST1 over the GT2 for sure, that vented Sonion BA is quite the bait.

If you can avoid covering the ports...maybe?
I have DUNU’s SA6 which uses Sonion’s
Vented bass BA, which is superb, feels like dynamic with accuracy of BA. Vented Sonion BA is pretty intriguing

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #258 of 1,414
Has anyone heard the SE5? I am seriously considering buying it but due to no reviews or opinions I'm really reluctant to put down SO much money blind! What I'm really Intrested is in the dynamic driver because I'm a hardcore basshead and would be really disappointed if i Recieved it and its bass was not up to the level i want! If know one has heard the SE5 could the people who have heard/own any model with the 10mm Georek Dynamic Driver give me an idea of its performance in bass quantity & quality? Thanx in advance for your help 👍

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #259 of 1,414
Has anyone heard the SE5? I am seriously considering buying it but due to no reviews or opinions I'm really reluctant to put down SO much money blind! What I'm really Intrested is in the dynamic driver because I'm a hardcore basshead and would be really disappointed if i Recieved it and its bass was not up to the level i want! If know one has heard the SE5 could the people who have heard/own any model with the 10mm Georek Dynamic Driver give me an idea of its performance in bass quantity & quality? Thanx in advance for your help 👍
Georek? Is it the DD used in SE5?

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #260 of 1,414
Sorry i made a mistake!! Its actually in the ISN EST50! Im looking at pick up a Tribrid and i got them mixed up! I'm looking for a Tribrid with Basshead level bass? Do you know of any Tribrid with Basshead level bass? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #261 of 1,414
Sorry i made a mistake!! Its actually in the ISN EST50! Im looking at pick up a Tribrid and i got them mixed up! I'm looking for a Tribrid with Basshead level bass? Do you know of any Tribrid with Basshead level bass? Thanks in advance for your help.
Dont think any of the tribrids out there right now have basshead (quantity) bass. Although the Mangird UP should be the bassiest.

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #262 of 1,414

If you're looking for a basshead level bass, I highly recommend the Xenns UP.

I've written a review on several popular tribrids. Check it out!
Hope this review helps! :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-variations.25300/

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #263 of 1,414
Jul 24, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #264 of 1,414
So... aside RikudouGoku... anyone with opinions regarding the GS Audio GD3A?

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #265 of 1,414
If you're looking for a basshead level bass, I highly recommend the Xenns UP.

I've written a review on several popular tribrids. Check it out!
Hope this review helps! :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-variations.25300/
Just read your review and it very good👍 unfortunately the xenns up are out of my budget! I have roughly £400? The Variations sound good from your review but the only thing that puts me off is the word "lean"! I mainly listen to Drum & Bass so the Sub-Bass is very important. I have the short list down to 3? ThieAudio Excalibur, ISN EST50 and after reading your review the Moondrop Variations. All of the other people i have read reviews & opinions say the ISN EST50 is best in the low-end both in quantity & quality. Iv also had the same impressions going off reviews & opinions that the Excalibur is the best bass, it is also rated 4th in the "15 best Basshead IEM" on "Audiophileon"
Do you have any experience with these 2 IEM'S? Thanx to you and everyone else for your help i appreciate it VERY much

Jul 25, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #267 of 1,414
Just read your review and it very good👍 unfortunately the xenns up are out of my budget! I have roughly £400? The Variations sound good from your review but the only thing that puts me off is the word "lean"! I mainly listen to Drum & Bass so the Sub-Bass is very important. I have the short list down to 3? ThieAudio Excalibur, ISN EST50 and after reading your review the Moondrop Variations. All of the other people i have read reviews & opinions say the ISN EST50 is best in the low-end both in quantity & quality. Iv also had the same impressions going off reviews & opinions that the Excalibur is the best bass, it is also rated 4th in the "15 best Basshead IEM" on "Audiophileon"
Do you have any experience with these 2 IEM'S? Thanx to you and everyone else for your help i appreciate it VERY much

Unfortunately, I have not tried either the EST50 or the Excalibur. One thing I can be sure is that Variations most likely will have better technicalities over Excalibur, as I've owned both the Monarch/Clairvoyance (older twins of Excalibur). If you listen more to a specific set of instruments (drums/bass) rather than music as a whole, it's hard to recommend the Variations as it's geared more toward musical pleasure through clarity and cleanliness that has a noticeable dip in the mid bass. Subbass is plenty however. I feel that the Xenns Up is perfect for what you're looking for, as the bass is overpowering and very potent. It is quite expensive unfortunately.

Fiio FD5 also have very good bass, which you can try purchasing and return them through Amazon if you don't like it.

If you're solely set on your shortlist, then maybe the EST50 might do. Wish you the best of luck :)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #268 of 1,414
Mine is on the way but seems to be stuck in a sorting center or perhaps it is lost. Normally it takes 1-2 days to in a sorting center but it is 5 days now since it arrived there and still no updates on the tracking.
There are shipping delays due to the new EU rules.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #269 of 1,414
There are shipping delays due to the new EU rules.
I hope this is the reason. All my other packages have no delay at all. I receive stuff within 2 weeks from Aliexpress if i use standard shipping. This is the only package since the new rules that doesn't show any progress at all in the tracking. Guess i have to play the waiting game.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #270 of 1,414
I hope this is the reason. All my other packages have no delay at all. I receive stuff within 2 weeks from Aliexpress if i use standard shipping. This is the only package since the new rules that doesn't show any progress at all in the tracking. Guess i have to play the waiting game.
It took 13 days for my current package to get cleared from customs after arriving in NL. (still haven't left NL though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back