GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #241 of 1,414
I asked if they can tune it to Softears RS10šŸ˜³ same 10 driveršŸ‘

From this

To this993C341F-ABFE-4811-A31D-896ADFAD4C5A.png

Are they willing to custom tune? They told me custom tune only for oem orders which I understood they meant for oem quantities

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #242 of 1,414
Are they willing to custom tune? They told me custom tune only for oem orders which I understood they meant for oem quantities
Seemed they are not willing to deal individual orders only OEM one. My suggestion was to their stock tuning.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #244 of 1,414
I find it puzzling that they do not seem to vent any of their IEMs that are equipped with dynamic drivers or Sonion drivers that can be vented.
A single vented BA IEM (a vented ST1) with the driver highlighted in the previous post would be interesting IMO.
vented BA's really don't need much airspace to maximize their excursion, unlike with DD, so a vented ST1 likely wouldn't sound much different than a standard shell ST1, it would just isolate less. As for venting their hybrids which do feature a DD, I'm also curious why they haven't taken that approach, especially as it could offer improved bass performance, which I'm always a fan of. I'd love to see them release another revision of the GD7 with a bass focus, and a bit of treble gain to push it away from the Fearless Audio Tequila tuning curve. I think it would sell well, especially if they made it look particularly interesting. Maybe a marbled faceplate with some metal flake for sparkle? I don't really know where they would take the aesthetic design.

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #245 of 1,414
It's probably similar to when I asked about custom shell shapes and they responded with a prohibitively expensive estimate. It probably is possible for them to do so, but at an untenable cost for a one-off. I suspect if you pushed, they would actually give you an estimate for the cost. I asked about cloning the shell shape of the Shuoer EJ07 and they responded that it was intended for larger orders and cost $300. My guess would be that it would be less to get an existing model retuned, especially if they aren't having to change the DD tuning much or any, but I can't say if they'd really want to bother for a single unit or how much they'd seek to charge if they did take it on.

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #246 of 1,414
Some more info regarding their vents:

"Hi everyone, after reading every message carefully, I found that you are confused about the vent of the iems. In fact, our DD iems (like GD3 ) or BA earphones that need to increase air holes do have the air holes. Due to our strict requirements on the appearance of the earphones, we did not want to place the air holes in the common positions of the shell or the panel. The air hole is designed in the 0.78-2PIN socket part. Here are the 3D pictures they designed. After our rigorous testing, they play the same role as punching holes in regular positions, and have a more integrated appearance. And thank you everyone for your suggestions, we have a very high efficiency to experiment and improve, which will help us to do better"

1627048481602.png

1627048524755.png

1627048536191.png

Here are the pictures I took on the GD3A:
20210723_154344.jpg

20210723_154406.jpg

So they technically do have a vent, except it isnt meant to alleviate pressure build up.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #247 of 1,414

"Hi everyone, after reading every message carefully, I found that you are confused about the vent of the iems. In fact, our DD iems (like GD3 ) or BA earphones that need to increase air holes do have the air holes. Due to our strict requirements on the appearance of the earphones, we did not want to place the air holes in the common positions of the shell or the panel. The air hole is designed in the 0.78-2PIN socket part. Here are the 3D pictures they designed. After our rigorous testing, they play the same role as punching holes in regular positions, and have a more integrated appearance. And thank you everyone for your suggestions, we have a very high efficiency to experiment and improve, which will help us to do better"

1627048481602.png
1627048524755.png
1627048536191.png

20210723_154344.jpg
20210723_154406.jpg

So they technically do have a vent, except it isnt meant to alleviate pressure build up.
Very neat!

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #248 of 1,414

That's actually ingenious lol. Gotta give them respect for the clever presentation that doesn't interfere with the visual design.

Jul 23, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #249 of 1,414
Update on the GT2: HOLY SH!T, the monster is loose!

The overtone has gone away after another 5 hrs and I think it was the last chain that held back this monster.
The sound signature has gone from warm to balanced like the graph suggests and I can't stop listening to them. The hollow sound is gone, imaging got a little better, detail retrieval too. Bass has also improved a bit, just sounds like a really capable DD. And I'm not a 100% sure on this but on some tracks I'm getting DD decay on bass... DD decay from a BA... Just what did they feed this thing?

It's not all sunshine and rainbows. It can still a little shouty at times (dependent on the source and files used) but it has improved a lot. I don't really notice it anymore.
Definitely has that Belsing harder edge on the treble but I wouldn't say metallic sounding. I kinda like that but it's not to everyone's taste.
And it still doesn't like rock or metal :sweat:

I might not have that much experience on ā‚¬100+ IEM's so everything might not be perceived the same way by others, but these two, the GT2 and GT12, blow my mind on what to expect from (all BA) IEM's.

So let me make a few adjustments to my previous comment
GT2 Sunshine
If you told me that this was a 1+1 hybrid I would believe it. This things bass is on point. Only in a select few songs does it show that it's a BA that you're listening to. On music like orchestral scores for movies/games it just kills it. The sound signature is warmer than it's graph would suggest. It's comfort is also slightly better than the GT12 despite being the same size as the metal nozzle happens to be a little shorter. Sound stage is wider than the GT12, but the imaging is worse but still pretty impressive.

But that's where the good stuff ends. It has a overtone in the lower mid range like the GT12 but worse and so far this hasn't gone away yet. I'm hoping it does because what lies beyond it sounds great. It can be a little shouty at times but it is dependent on the source and files used. Sometimes it sounded a little hollow on small parts of a select few songs.
It doesn't play well with rock and metal, like not at all. So if you like that kind of music (like I do) you might want to stay away from it.
If you like 70's, 80's, pop, epic, movie/game score and country (which I also do -pop) this will be one to look for if the overtones go away.
There we go :grin:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #250 of 1,414
Found out that the ST1 uses the Sonion 2356 driver.

1626957701098.png
I'm tempted by the ST1 as I have the AudioSense T180 (single Knowles BA) and was impressed by its speed in particular. Interesting that the GT2 ($77) is at the same price point as the ST1 ($78). Does this suggest that 2 x cost-effective BAs are equal to the performance of 1 x high performance BA?

Jul 24, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #251 of 1,414

1627048481602.png
1627048524755.png
1627048536191.png

20210723_154344.jpg
20210723_154406.jpg

Since I'm using some mmcx to 2-pin adapters with the corners rounded off, I wonder if I can improve the bass response any by enlarging the ports a little bit.

Jul 24, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #252 of 1,414
I'm tempted by the ST1 as I have the AudioSense T180 (single Knowles BA) and was impressed by its speed in particular. Interesting that the GT2 ($77) is at the same price point as the ST1 ($78). Does this suggest that 2 x cost-effective BAs are equal to the performance of 1 x high performance BA?
Usually, 1 BA would struggle a lot with technicalities. But that sonion BA seems to be a good one, no idea what the GT2 uses though. (at least their graphs are somewhat similar.)

I would go for the ST1 over the GT2 for sure, that vented Sonion BA is quite the bait.

Since I'm using some mmcx to 2-pin adapters with the corners rounded off, I wonder if I can improve the bass response any by enlarging the ports a little bit.
If you can avoid covering the ports...maybe?

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #253 of 1,414
Anyone got an ST8B and can provide impression? @RikudouGoku you said you know someone who got one?

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #254 of 1,414
Anyone got an ST8B and can provide impression? @RikudouGoku you said you know someone who got one?
It's someone In my server. Haven't heard anything from them since, but shipping takes a long time and now with the new EU rules. I suspect there are massive delays in shipping.

Jul 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #255 of 1,414
It's someone In my server. Haven't heard anything from them since, but shipping takes a long time and now with the new EU rules. I suspect there are massive delays in shipping.
Dang...okay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back