GS Audio Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #1,381 of 1,414
I saw your comment that you couldn’t even see the product on aliexpress?

Here is the ST10 link
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOifoiQ

Also, I’ve paired more than 30 cables tonight, since I noticed the hardware spec on ST10 is extremely high (regardless of tonal balance)

Then finally found the cable that could hit ST10 to its best condition. Basshead floor with transparency retained, no recessed mid. That’s exactly what I was expecting from ST10, as one of odd-ball for something extraordinary.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM2atMe

yeah, it always turns out:

"Sorry, this item's currently unavailable in your location. Explore other Group Buy deals."
"Sorry, the page you requested can not be found:frowning2:"

which is ridiculous and insulting - they could at least place a frame or banner top and say that it's currently not accessible in the country - but entirely censoring is stupid.

Not like there are other means to buy it through 2nd or 3rd-party services -_-

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,382 of 1,414
I saw your comment that you couldn’t even see the product on aliexpress?

Here is the ST10 link
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOifoiQ
I always get "Page not found" and not being available at my location. I don't know what GS Audio did to mess its shop up. Other brands and shops don't have such problems. Got this problem even 3 months ago.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #1,383 of 1,414
I always get "Page not found" and not being available at my location. I don't know what GS Audio did to mess its shop up. Other brands and shops don't have such problems. Got this problem even 3 months ago.
Wow I see. GS Audio had some troubled customer from Europe region maybe? I’m in USA and it’s displaying fine.

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #1,384 of 1,414
yeah, it always turns out:

"Sorry, this item's currently unavailable in your location. Explore other Group Buy deals."
"Sorry, the page you requested can not be found:frowning2:"

which is ridiculous and insulting - they could at least place a frame or banner top and say that it's currently not accessible in the country - but entirely censoring is stupid.

Not like there are other means to buy it through 2nd or 3rd-party services -_-
That’s unfortunate. Yes 2nd /3rd party service still works, I sometime use those service to purchase items from Japan as well but they charge the commissions which simply is a let down.

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #1,385 of 1,414
L12P.PNG
So my L12P came in and i have to say, i think we found a real winner here after one slight mod.

First thing that hit me was the soundstage. This IEM has the widest soundstage I've ever heard in any IEM currently or previously owned, almost HD800S type stage. Due to the wide stage, Mids. are a bit recessed but I fixed this by using Filter 2 on my DX240+AMP8 MK2 pairing.

Bass is just the right amount. L12P is very resolving. treble is just about perfect but yet smooth, almost EST like smoothness yet still clear.
Initially it also had too much mid-bass and treble wasn't as extended as I'd like.

What I did was remove the grill to reveal the 4 sound bores. The little wax grill has no filter of any kind behind it and so has nothing to do with the tuning of this IEM. grills actually mess with mid and high frequencies the most. also has an effect of increasing bass bloat a little.

With the Grill gone, this thing is now perfected. This IEM presents the song the way it was recorded. I was very impressed when I played some tracks with lots of instruments. L12P didn't even blink. it lets you hear everything in it's position from left to right and distance/ positioning of instruments.

L12P has more mid-bass than OG monarch which makes bass guitars and deep low piano keys sound more realistic. Monarch has slightly sharper (not in a bad way) treble vs LP12P which still very resolving never the less. This is with zero burn in.

Burn in continues today.

Fit is amazing (Will fit even a baby lol). Reminds me of my QDC Anole VX. You put it in your ears and forget about it. All your brain focuses on is the music unlike my OG Monarch where you feel the size the longer you listen.

Stock tips sound the best (Wide bore with a very short stem, shorter than anything else I have). Don't know what kind they're are but I put the extra set on my TheiAudio OG Monarch which helped widen it's stage a little more. (I experimented with AZLA Short and exslastic, spinfit 100 Plus, JVC spiral dots)

I also tried different cables from 100% copper, to $350 Gold, silver, Palladium plated ones but copper + silver plating sounds best to my ears.

At $569 this is a real steal guys. Get one asap and remember to remove the grill.
Send pictures please , i have leisurely l12p too … how cable u use? Eartips? Who the name of the “filter 2”

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #1,387 of 1,414
GS Audio ST10, cable matching notes.

Stock tuning is way too odd ball despite TOTL driver specs that ST10 has, after over 1 year of try and error, this is the conclusion I’ve reached for ST10:

Cable:
KBEAR Limpid Pro
▶︎simply tone down excessive bass floor while boosting rolled off treble

Ear tips:
Stock KZ ear tip that comes with AST
▶︎increase air, allow deep insertion, with extremely thin silicone to render Sonion 38 AcuPass bass while with deep insert position)

After this pairing, I can say ST10 had full-fledged TOTL 10BA technicalities that can render hi-res full orchestral without significant concerns in resolutions and layering that 10BA supposed to express.

Jan 11, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,388 of 1,414
I'm considering between some GS Audio IEM and I also like them to "slam". What would slam good? GD3C, GT8, ST8B or others from GS Audio?
Have heard good things about the GD3_ series. I own the ST8B, they're a bit too bassy for my taste but they're definitely the most coherent bassy IEM's I've owned. Surprising that an all BA set is one of my best bassy IEMs. ISN makes good bassy sets too but the tuning is more V-Shaped. ST8B is a warm tuning rather than V, a little too warm for my personal preference but it's by far my favorite of this tuning signature. The hardware is also very top quality for the price, did a deep dive into this a while back, this kind of configuration is usually found in iems that cost significantly more. The crossover hardware is of good quality too from what I hear.

A few notes on the bass, its very well controlled despite its very high quantity, if I really had to nitpick the only issue is how "thick" the lower mids are. Those lower mids are elevated a fair amount more more than most iems which gives the sound a real thick feeling but I think the ST8B is able to get away with it somewhat being an all BA set rather than DD. Similarly tuned DDs and hybrids have sounded a lot more muddy to me. These do still sound a bit too boomy to me sometimes in tracks that are really active in those lower mid regions, but that might be a preference thing, some ppl might like that boominess, especially if they like warmer signatures over more neutral or v shaped signatures.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #1,389 of 1,414
Have heard good things about the GD3_ series. I own the ST8B, they're a bit too bassy for my taste but they're definitely the most coherent bassy IEM's I've owned. Surprising that an all BA set is one of my best bassy IEMs. ISN makes good bassy sets too but the tuning is more V-Shapes. ST8B is a warm tuning rather than V, a little too warm for my personal preference but it's by far my favorite of this tuning signature. The hardware is also very top quality for the price, did a deep dive into this a while back, this kind of configuration is usually found in iems that cost significantly more. The crossover hardware is of good quality too from what I hear.
Thanks for sharing very rare ST8B impression👍

Yea…GS Audio is a weird ODM, they devices are TOTL specs, with somehow weird talents in tuning it.

Jan 11, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,390 of 1,414
Thanks for sharing very rare ST8B impression👍

Yea…GS Audio is a weird ODM, they devices are TOTL specs, with somehow weird talents in tuning it.
Their tuning is more aimed at the Asian market from what I can tell. If you hop on taobao or similar you'll find most of their popular iems are tuned the same way if not more so (I looked around for fun). So you are still getting TOTL hardware.. for significantly cheaper (not a surprise, I think a lot of these TOTL brands are smart with their marketing and lean in heavily on raising perceived value by pricing things high knowing us hobbyists will eat it up looking for the next best thing), just with a lot more different tuning. Maybe their target audience has smaller or differently shaped ear canals? Could be a combination of that and cultural differences. The kind of headphones and other audio gear you grow up with will definitely effect your taste so no surprise to me if (geographically) different target markets have different preferences.

I also think we rely on popular reviewers a bit too much. They have specific tastes and I wouldnt be surprised if some people end up subconsciously mentally conditioning themselves by some degree into liking things they wouldnt have otherwise, as much at least. For example, if Crinacle says something is good, good chance there's probably someone out there who's gonna get it, and end up thinking it better than they might have otherwise. Not to the fault of Crinacle or other reviewers of course, most of them do try to disclaim that their opinions are mostly subjective. Issue is more in how a lot of people are digesting information out there. Audio is a lot more subjective than people realize, especially after a certain threshold of quality, a threshold that has been getting lower for quite some time thanks to good hardware becoming cheaper/more mainstream.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #1,392 of 1,414
Feb 18, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #1,394 of 1,414
Feb 18, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,395 of 1,414
Interesting review, which cable did you choose for ?
XINHS gold silver mix cable that I linked on that post, it is very very bass heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back