Grill-Fi?
Apr 12, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #16 of 27
Grills?

grillz.jpg

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #17 of 27
I own this Turbo Sport portable infrared grill:

313144.jpg

It's a bit spendy at $200, but it's a fantastic piece of kit. It's not your normal gas grill, as it has a ceramic grate with hundreds of tiny pores to vent the super heated flame. It heats up instantly and provides considerably more heat than any gas grill.

It accepts the common portable gas tubes or can be hooked up to the standard bulbous propane tank with an adapter.

It sears fantastically and cooks very very quickly.

Few words of wisdom:

1) Even though it's fairly small, don't cook indoors!
2) On coldish nights, a portable propane canister can freeze to the unit, but I've never had that problem with the full tank.
3) Don't cook with the lid down

I love it. I'd buy it again, heck I might buy another one for higher volume cooking.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 27
The Weber charcoal (as noted earlier) is a very good choice

Weber One-touch Silver 18 1/2 In. Charcoal Grill 441001 - eBay (item 280177102060 end time Apr-22-08 10:41:19 PDT)

I've had one for many years and they're a great value, work great, and will last a long time.

Use it mostly for steaks, burgers, brats, chicken, etc. but I've smoked pork roasts and whole turkeys on it occassionally. Very flexible.

Get one of the 'chimney' charcoal starters too - they work MUCH better than I ever would have thought.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #19 of 27
+1 for Webber One Touch Silver. I owned the bigger 22in one for 10+ years...replaced both grates once...still burning hot and no rust.

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #24 of 27
I am planning to post a new thread about Grill but I saw this, though it is old, I think it is better to kick start this.

I need to buy a bbq Grill and I have already narrowed down my 3 choices:

These are my choices ranked based from Home Reviewed:
1) Blackstone Griddle
2) Weber Spirit E310
3) Char-Broil Classic

Has any one got any recommendation or has had any experince with any of these grills?

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #25 of 27
You will not go wrong with a Weber. Great grill. Well built. Great customer service. I've owned one of their gas grill for almost 20 years. Still,use it year round. Also have a charcoal grill and smoker from Weber.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #26 of 27
You will not go wrong with a Weber. Great grill. Well built. Great customer service. I've owned one of their gas grill for almost 20 years. Still,use it year round. Also have a charcoal grill and smoker from Weber.

20 years for real? wow!

Yeah I saw a lot of good reviews about Weber so I think I'll have to go with this brand. I'm planning it by next month as a present to my wife's birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back