Great read / review / impressions on new Denon AH-D7100's
Aug 3, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 25
Hi yklee118,

The read itself was interesting, and I looked around other parts of the blog as well. I thank you for the time you took to review the headphones. For Head-Fi, it would be really good of you to merge all your posts/edit to respond to all queries in a single post. Consecutive posts in a thread by the same person are frowned upon unless I'm mistaken.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a problem with my own laptop, but when the pop-ups came after clicking on a post, the scrolling felt laggy and unresponsive. The reading would have been much easier and more enjoyable if they simply came up in a new window, or if the issue was fixed.

All the best.

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 25
Well thought out blog.  Very nicely done with some interesting points made.

Keep up the great work.
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #19 of 25
Yklee118, very good review!  It's very comprehensive (including the sound frequency measurements you made comparing the D7100 & D7000) and I appreciate how you staged the review over periods of time.  I can't wait to read other full reviews and to see its FR measurements.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #20 of 25
Sorry for the multiple replies, but I am still getting use to this forum.  I haven't been on much lately, but I will take everyone's comments into consideration.  Thanks for the replies and I have further refine my blog.  Thanks again everyone.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 25
[size=medium][size=medium]I've just listened to a brand new pair (lacking the burn in, of course) connected to my CEntrance 1 ohm modified DACport, and although the bass and treble were quite impressive (although I think I found the bass slightly exaggerated, but pleasurable), I found voices in the midrange sounding a bit metallic, slightly alien. I didn't like that at all. I only listened for about 15 minutes and it was bit noisy around me. I'll see if I can borrow them for a while. Maybe it will change my perception. I certainly couldn't recommend the AH-D7100’s at this point.[/size][/size]

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #22 of 25
Though they're closed (ie supposed to isolate) the wood is causing resonance when there is noise around you. I observed it this afternoon while testing in a Parisian shop. When there was no noise around the sound was pretty close to d600 with better bass extension and more control (bass does not cover lower mids… at least less than on d600) but when there was noise around me listening was unbearable. Bass was covering all the rest… I guess it is the wood that provoke such an unpleasant effect (I already observed it while taking the subway with a pair of ESW9).

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #25 of 25
I read the Yklee118 review with great interest. It stuck me that it was objective. I went out and bought a pair and was pleasantly delighted. Yes, a little bass heavy for me (what else did I expect) but IMHO the sound had real quality and I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep them. There is 'something' in the SQ that I can't quite put a figure on. This is after endless frequency matching with other headphones with which I'm familiar.
Some links that I found very useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdfHHzXegCI
Reading Frequency Response Graph Tutorial
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=2621&graphID%5B1%5D=3881&graphID%5B2%5D=3921&graphID%5B3%5D=283&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph
HeadRoom Learning Centre
Apologies-this is my own link I can't seem to clean it up minus my modelling.

They simply sound top tier. I hope I'm not too influenced by their high original book price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back