Great Music Videos
Aug 3, 2001 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Jacobh

100+ Head-Fier
Albau's question about that Tom Petty Video with Kim Bassinger got me thinking about some great videos.

Here are some of my favorites:
Don't Come around Here no More - Tom Petty
It's the Alice in Wonderland one.
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
Chevy Chase and Paul Simon are damn funny together
Smells like Nirvana - Wierd Al
When the janitor dunks the donut in the mop bucket, damn funny

Aug 3, 2001 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 65
Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want?
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic

Aug 3, 2001 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 65
Damn, I was beaten to the punch on Sabotage. Radiohead's Just is another great one.

Just to throw things off a bit, I sort of remember this Kate Bush (mmm) video from my childhood that freaked me out. It was for the song Project X. The song was a response to news reports about military research into "sonic" warfare. I don't know if the video was good or not but it sure was provocative, and Kate Bush looks nice.

edit: Project X should be Experiment IV. oops.

Aug 3, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 65
Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2001 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 65
My favorite two videos of all time (or at least that come to mind right now) are Michael Jackson's Thriller (man, he sure has changed since then), and Alice In Chains' Would, which is just a simple band video with a very intense performance. I'll try to think of more favorites.

I can' t stand Weezer (sorry), but I have to admit that Buddy Holly was a very cool video.

By the way, did anyone see Jane's Addiction's performance on that MTV 20th Anniversary special? Was that not awesome?

Aug 4, 2001 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 65
My favorite video ever is Rock n' Roll Highschool by a Swedish band called Teddybears Stockholm. It's not that I like the band or even the song. But the video is made to look like an old 80's video game complete with pixelated graphics and "Insert Coin" messages, and it looks truly awesome. If anyone wants to see it just msg me on ICQ and I can send it (if you have broadband).

Some of my other favorites include:

Green Day - Basket Case
Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
Bad Religion - New America
Guns n' Roses - Estranged
Guns n' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (a comedic masterpiece that never gets old)
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight
Styx - Mr. Roboto
Weird Al - Amish Paradise
and of course Beastie Boys - Sabotage (but it's already been mentioned)

Aug 5, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #14 of 65
My favorite video would have to be "One" by metallica because it scared the heck out of me way back when I first witnessed it. Not many videos are scary these days. Marilyn manson scares me because he is such a freak but thats about it. Just looking at him is frightening.

Aug 5, 2001 at 11:34 PM Post #15 of 65
Radiohead - Just
Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (Awesome!)
UNKLE - Rabbit in your Headlights
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
The Tool videos are pretty creepy but really well done and very abstract (especially "Schism").
Weezer - Buddy Holly is pretty good too.
Pink Floyd didnt really have any music videos if I remember but PULSE was an amazing video, and you can download some videos of specific songs from in on whatever file sharing program is popular these days. "High Hopes" really had some cool stuff going on in the video screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back