Great Music Videos
Aug 6, 2001 at 12:25 AM Post #16 of 65
Oh yeah, "One"! Back when Metallica was actually decent, very good video and song. I also thought "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam was pretty good.

Aug 6, 2001 at 12:48 AM Post #17 of 65
didn't
metallica also have this 15 minutes video of 'unforgiven' ?
I remember almost falling asleep when seeing that for the first time.

That's probably the most annoying video of an otherwise good song...

Bye

Redwoood

Aug 7, 2001 at 9:27 PM Post #18 of 65
Excellent choices so far!

Almost every Weezer video is, IMHO, a classic. My favourite game is to watch the drummer - he's usually not playing the song at all correctly. (he goes crazy during the soft bits, relaxes or runs around during the big crashy parts...fantastic stuff).

Also, Monster Magnet's "Space Lord" is a terrific summary of every big-money rap music video (though I think it's a direct parody of a Mase video).

And of course, "Sabotage" _is_ one of the greatest videos of all time.

-jP

Aug 8, 2001 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 65
I know this won't be a popular choice given the direction he has gone in, but Michael Jackson changed video history with Thriller.

some other vids I like
U2- Mysterious Ways
U2- Even Better Than The Real Thing
Jane's Addiction- Been Caught Stealing (it's just a funny vid lol)

...oh gosh, my head is flooded with videos, I'm gonna have to come back and add more hehe

btw I have to agree, Don't Come Around Here No More by Tom Petty is a GREAT video!

Aug 8, 2001 at 6:48 PM Post #22 of 65
Any video by Tool is just fantastic!

I actually like to listen to and watch concerts on DVD. My favorite lately has to be Sade "Live." This is great headphone music.
I also just purchased a Miles Davis DVD "Live in Paris" but haven't seen it, yet.

Aug 9, 2001 at 5:46 AM Post #23 of 65
This is a must see just for the comedy value. There's a bit in here where the Ozz man steps off a railway track just in time to avoid getting hit by the train. The remarkable thing about it is that Ozzy is actually standing in front of one of those blue screens ( and not a train) like the ones the weatherman uses. Problem is: bluescreen technology sucked back then, so Osbourne's walking around making the picture bleed like crazy behind him.

A classic.
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #24 of 65
I just saw the Queens of the Stone Age video for go with the flow and was so impressed I thought I might start a thread on favorite videos. It already existed so I'm reviving it. I also love the UNKLE video. I'll add to that:
Orbital-Style
Foo Fighters- The one with the huge hand etc.
God, I forget the group and the song, it goes "We rock, we roll, we jam and " something something. They played it on AMP a few times and it's mostly this guy jumping around really silly-like in the city.
Ming&FS-Madhattan Bound- oy, it's just fun
Journey- Separate Ways- the funniest video of all time. Cheese factor is incredibly high

Apr 2, 2003 at 7:34 PM Post #25 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by hongda
UNKLE: Rabbit in your headlights

Asolutely!

Also, Radiohead's Karma Police, Pyramid Song.

I love the adaptation of "More" to Kenna's Hell Bent.

Apr 3, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #26 of 65
Millencolin - Kemp...four white robots playing fast punk music.

Foo Fighters - All My Life...what if you held a concert and no one showed up?

Presidents of the United States of America - Mach 5...though all I've been able to find is this low-res version, it's one of the best videos I've seen.

Disturbed - Prayer...the song makes sense after seeing the video.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop...like a studio version of Trigger Happy TV.

Apr 3, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #28 of 65
That Jimmy Eat World video with all the phat party and all the fine girls in drawers is just beautiful. Second only to sabatoge. Michael Jackson has done some good work. Thriller was awesome, smooth criminal made no sense but was pretty damn cool. AAF's smooth criminal video was pretty tight too, I love that dancing white kid in the surgeon mask thing. Oh yeah, Reel Big Fish videos are awesome but I've only seen them at Launch.com. And I don't know why but I'm a sucker for the George Michael "Freedom" video. There's probably a whole bunch more but I'm just posting to avoid doing work at the moment. (I'm sure y'all know the story)

Oh yeah, am I the only one that get's annoyed how overhyped the "Smells like teen spirit video" is? Or am I about to get flamed like burgers at the old folks home. I liked the Heart Shaped Box video better if you have to pick a best nirvana. Or whats the song that has the video where it's set in the 50's and they destroy the set. That's kind of cool. But yeah, someone needs to explain to me why Smells like teen spirit was such a great video.

Apr 3, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #29 of 65
foo fighters: everlong ("big hand" mentioned above).
Radiohead: pyramid song (definitely a favorite of mine!)
rhcp: can't stop

Man, there's tons out there, in fact i backed up about 10-15 gigs of videos i had on my HD, i still have another 5-10 sitting around.

Apr 3, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #30 of 65
wow, can't believe no one mentionned "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sisters !!

[edit] Also the 2 videos from Sean Paul, although I'm not a big fan of the genre, "gimme the light" and "get busy" are pretty darn cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back