Great Christian albums?
Nov 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #46 of 96
southpark.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #49 of 96
Lots of good recommendations here, may I add a few.. If you like metal/metalcore, the CHristian Metalcore scene is huge right now! I myself am not in anyway religious or a christian but I often enjoy "Christian" or "Pseudo Christian" bands because they seem to play with more emotion/conviction and put more thought and less garbage into their lyrical content.

Haste The Day "Dreamer"
haste-the-day-dreamer.jpg

Oh, Sleeper "Son of the Morning"
untitled-761308.bmp

August Burns Red "Constellations"
abr-constellations.jpg

Project 86 "Drawing Black Lines"
album-drawing-black-lines.jpg

Inhale/Exhale "Bury Me Alive"
InhaleExhale_BMA.jpg

Becoming the Archetype "The Physics of Fire"
BtA-TPoF.jpg

Destroy The Runner "Saints"
Destroy_The_Runner_-_Saints_cover.jpg

Sorry if I posted too much crap.
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #50 of 96
Just wondering, what is considered christian music? Bands that sing primarily about christian stuff? If so, mewithoutYou seem to be singing about god a lot of the time ("every song in praise of you") so I guess they could be considered christian.

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #51 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering, what is considered christian music? Bands that sing primarily about christian stuff? If so, mewithoutYou seem to be singing about god a lot of the time ("every song in praise of you") so I guess they could be considered christian.

from what i gather you just randomly chuck in the words jesus or lord instead of girl/boy or baby.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #52 of 96
I know that I am the strangest member on Head-Fi, but this is my all time favorite Christmas album!

heinochristmas.jpg

This album rules all other Christmas albums. Oh I thought it said Christmas music!

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #53 of 96
I know this will not go over well but I for one love the Southern Gospel sound. The harmonies of the voices are fantastic. Just listen to something by Gaither Vocal Band and you will hear the best voices I have ever heard. Of course I am partial to this type of music due to having performed it for so long myself. I have been to alot of live concerts and I always get a blessing from hearing these guys. Just my opinion.

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #55 of 96
Anything by Shane + Shane or Caedmon's Call.

Fantastic musicians and solid theology, for both groups.

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #56 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from what i gather you just randomly chuck in the words jesus or lord instead of girl/boy or baby.

"Jesus is my girlfriend" music. Yup, all too common, but not what I would consider "Christian music".

Marketed nonsense, if you ask me. Drive them out of the temple and overturn their tables!

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #57 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMorton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Caedmon's Call

Real Calvinists, these guys. They're message isn't veiled at all, and sometimes borders on straight up activism. By the way, did I mention their music is amazing Americana-style rock?

biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #58 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Jesus is my girlfriend" music. Yup, all too common, but not what I would consider "Christian music".

Marketed nonsense, if you ask me. Drive them out of the temple and overturn their tables!

lol

actually i have a more serious suggestion Welcome To The Official Site of Gotee Records some of them are really good

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #59 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a more serious suggestion Welcome To The Official Site of Gotee Records some of them are really good

My sister and mother enjoy Ayiesha Woods very much. I used to enjoy Relient K a lot, my taste in music has changed recently, and now I don't really enjoy them as much as I used to. I must say, though, their song Deathbed is absolutely fantastic; it is an excellent combination of every style they have done.

Anyway, I would like to recommend Transatlantic. They are a progressive rock band formed of Neal Morse (vocals/keyboard, Spock's Beard), Mike Portnoy (drummer, Dream Theater), Roine Stolt (leader, Kaipa and The Flower Kings), and Pete Trewavas (Marillion).

The group is not explicitly Christian, but being that Neal Morse is with them, their lyrics contain many Christian elements. At least, this is true of their latest album, The Whirlwind. I've not heard any of the rest of them. Many say this latest is their best. I don't know, but I surely enjoy it.

Nov 29, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #60 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any particular reason? Just curious. Not flaming here.

In my opinion, the music's subpar and the lyrics are often a) sentimentalized excerpts from biblical texts ripped out of context or b) of the Jesus-is-my-boyfriend persuasion or c) religiously unrealistic (e.g., making unrealistic statement of commitment.

I have the same problem with much of Pentecostal preaching and writing, so this isn't surprising.

PS: Just saw Mark's comment. Right on.
Edit: And TopPop's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back