Grand Theft Auto V
Aug 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #16 of 50
I played Saints Row 3 and while it was fun I never went back to play it again after I beat it. It felt too easy for me at times. After a certain point it felt like I was on god mode or something because nothing could hurt me. While the controls were at times clunky on GTA IV I felt challenged and for the most part my death was my own fault, save for a few times Niko left cover when I didn't want him to and he got shot up. And I agree about Saints Row being too goofy. GTA may be silly at times and have colorful characters but I never felt like the events in the game were unrealistic.
Saints Row 3 is more fun on hard mode without the upgrades. You're forced to make your shots count and use cover (human shields, vehicles, hard cover) rather than go all Leeroy Jenkins. And a hit from a Brute is enough to send you from full health to two shots away from death. Success makes you feel more badass *because* you're not a god. That said, I still prefer Saints Row 2 where enemies remained a credible threat throughout the game without me having to go out of the way to do so.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #18 of 50
Quote:
I can't wait for this game! I wish it was being released on Next Gen consoles though becuase now we will have to wait forever for a next gen GTA

I don't quite get the logic here. Even if they ported it to Xbox One and PS4 it's still the same game just on those consoles now. It wouldn't magically become "next gen." Hell with all the content promised, GTA 5 basically is show casing the beginning of next gen gaming. Rockstar is pushing the limits with this thing. On top of this it wouldn't be financially beneficial to Rockstar. While some people are getting Next Gen consoles immediately a lot of gamers won't. But anyone who wanted a 360 or PS3 has one by now. I always wait a year or two to make sure the consoles work out the kinks and the price goes down a bit. They'll make the most money this way.

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #19 of 50
I don't quite get the logic here. Even if they ported it to Xbox One and PS4 it's still the same game just on those consoles now. It wouldn't magically become "next gen." Hell with all the content promised, GTA 5 basically is show casing the beginning of next gen gaming. Rockstar is pushing the limits with this thing. On top of this it wouldn't be financially beneficial to Rockstar. While some people are getting Next Gen consoles immediately a lot of gamers won't. But anyone who wanted a 360 or PS3 has one by now. I always wait a year or two to make sure the consoles work out the kinks and the price goes down a bit. They'll make the most money this way.

It would be a lot better if it was on next gen systems. Three things they could instantly increase are draw distance, pedestrian density and traffic density. Not to mention an increase in resolution and framerate on top of other visual settings. GTAIV to this date is extremely difficult to run on PCs with certain sliders up. I think the best thing for them and everyone else would be a cross-gen release. This isn't an unheard of thing for games.

Aug 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

It would be a lot better if it was on next gen systems. Three things they could instantly increase are draw distance, pedestrian density and traffic density. Not to mention an increase in resolution and framerate on top of other visual settings. GTAIV to this date is extremely difficult to run on PCs with certain sliders up.I think the best thing for them and everyone else would be a cross-gen release. This isn't an unheard of thing for games.

The way I read it was he was saying it should only be on next gen systems, but yeah cross gen would be fine. I don't see why they couldn't do that.

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #21 of 50
Aug 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:
Aaand it may not be true. Article has been updated, Nvidia said it was a screw up and they don't know nothing about GTAV.

Hopefully they're lying.

It actually means it is true. It's called a slip of the tongue and if ever a company tries to cover it up after, you know it's true.
Been this case for a very, very, long time.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #30 of 50
This game is amazing me more and more lol.

Just went to the Custom Auto Shop and tricked out my ride.

You can do so much stuff to it compared to previous games.... turbo, exhaust, suspension etc.

When driving around you can hear the blow off valve.... sounds sick! Haha, going to have lot's of fun tricking out all these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back