Grand Theft Auto V
Aug 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I didn't search to see if there was already a GTA thread, but it loos like R* may have kicked off their advertising for GTA V today with 3 new screenshots, as well as announcing more before weeks end.

GTA has always been my favorite franchise, and I'm super stoked. Anyone else? Here's a link:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/37991/transport.html

So these screens seem to confirm a few things. The return of ridable bikes, the Cheetah car, the Hydra plane and possibly the confirmation of the new protagonist, Ned Luke.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 50

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 50
Most of my friends weren't fans of GTA IV calling it too realistic and what not. Bollocks to them I say. I still adore GTA IV. I think GTA 5 will be great too but i wonder if it's going to be as insane as they promote it to be, the end all be all of GTA.

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #10 of 50
Most of my friends weren't fans of GTA IV calling it too realistic and what not. Bollocks to them I say. I still adore GTA IV. I think GTA 5 will be great too but i wonder if it's going to be as insane as they promote it to be, the end all be all of GTA.
Too realistic? There's always Saints Row The Third... and the upcoming Saints Row 4. Also, no need to wait any longer than the console folks if you want the PC version.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #12 of 50
Quote:
Speaking of the SR games, 2 + 3 are $1 right now on Humble Bundle. Along with a couple other games.

I thought they were pretty fun games, but I think GTAV is going to blow SR4 out of the water. SR has gotten a little too goofy IMO.

I played Saints Row 3 and while it was fun I never went back to play it again after I beat it. It felt too easy for me at times. After a certain point it felt like I was on god mode or something because nothing could hurt me. While the controls were at times clunky on GTA IV I felt challenged and for the most part my death was my own fault, save for a few times Niko left cover when I didn't want him to and he got shot up. And I agree about Saints Row being too goofy. GTA may be silly at times and have colorful characters but I never felt like the events in the game were unrealistic.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:
I played Saints Row 3 and while it was fun I never went back to play it again after I beat it. It felt too easy for me at times. After a certain point it felt like I was on god mode or something because nothing could hurt me. While the controls were at times clunky on GTA IV I felt challenged and for the most part my death was my own fault, save for a few times Niko left cover when I didn't want him to and he got shot up. And I agree about Saints Row being too goofy. GTA may be silly at times and have colorful characters but I never felt like the events in the game were unrealistic.

Yeah they did make a lot of SR3 way too easy. The over the top stuff was fun some times, like in the beginning where you dove through an airplane and punch the guy in it in the face, but it kind of lost its luster after a while.

Quote:

Ditto, hopefully it comes out on the PC, I only see a ps3 and xbox360 version so far

It'll come, they do this every time. Expect it 6 months after the console release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back