Grammy's and UE10
Feb 12, 2007 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
OMG, the UE10's have taken over the grammys. Every performer I'm guessing has to wear them. Must be nice. They probably get them for free. Uh, not fair.

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 22
Free? No way, man! This is UE's primary market. The audiophiles thing (mostly from Head-Fi traffic) was a real surprise to them. I've been told by 2 different people at UE that they have a "on price fits all" policy, and there are no freebies or discounts offered to anyone, no matter how famous they are. I'm not sure if they give discounts for group purchases (like an entire band), but if so, it's the same deal for everyone (as it should be).

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Free? No way, man! This is UE's primary market. The audiophiles thing (mostly from Head-Fi traffic) was a real surprise to them. I've been told by 2 different people at UE that they have a "on price fits all" policy, and there are no freebies or discounts offered to anyone, no matter how famous they are. I'm not sure if they give discounts for group purchases (like an entire band), but if so, it's the same deal for everyone (as it should be).

Well I knew UE got money, didn't know full price, but I am refering to the actual Grammy Presenters. I'm sure the celeberties don't buy them.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looked like the girl who performed with Justin Timberlake had E4s with yellow foamies.

Yea I saw that, that was after I posted, but one of them came out. And so did T.I.'s UE10.

Feb 12, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 22
Hmm, I PVR'ed it in HD....now I have to look more carefully at what the presenters are wearing.

Feb 12, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #12 of 22
how do you guys identify if it's an ue-10 or ue-7 or ue-5? if the performer wear the cable behind his/her back. how can you tell if it's an es(Westone) or ue?

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you guys identify if it's an ue-10 or ue-7 or ue-5? if the performer wear the cable behind his/her back. how can you tell if it's an es(Westone) or ue?

They can't.. It's very hard to tell if it's westones either. if the performer has long hair there's pretty much no way to tell
Sensas are slightly easier to tell

BTW, the artist doesn't pay for the IEMs.. the management or record companies does

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #15 of 22
damn those artists get them free when they are the ones who could really afford them without creating a big hole in their pockets
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back