Graham Slee Voyager
Dec 1, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #46 of 53
Let's keep the thread on topic, please. I am not being facetious.
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the info on the Slee website about this amp, specifically the part on smd vs through hole.

They posted some outright lies, that anyone with some knowledge would recognize.

However, last time I mentioned that, and even PROVED they are lying, I got flamed.

He seems to have deleted those provocative and faulty statements from the web page. I'm glad to see that.

About plastic enclosures, I prefer them to metal. I can't understand why this is criticized.

I still have a hard time to believe any amp using AD823 "delivers sweet but uncoloured midrange melodies - the highs are crystal clear", but I understand this is a fine sounding amp. Graham Slee must be a magician. I've read Grahams posts at RockGrotto, and it seems the topology of this amp is very unique. I wish he'd share his knowledge to us like ppl, amb and tangent do.

The measurements are far from impressive, like "Stereo Crosstalk: -52dB", but that doesn't say anything about the sound.

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no problem if a posters mentions that he has read reviews that indicate a product sounds good. Not only have Graham's product's won many awards but more importantly Sennheiser displays in EU their headphones w/ a Solo amp. I do happen to be one that has a pre-production Green Solo and two of the Voyagers a high gain and low gain. The low gain is to be the production model.

As stated earlier you do not have to drive a Ferrari or a Porsche to say that they are great sports cars, based on just about every magazine review out there (I prefer a Vette though and I have driven Porsche and Ferrari). I think some of you are getting way to aggressive on a subject matter that for all practical purposes is very insignificant. This is a hobby for pleasure, we are not trying to find the cure for cancer or solve world hunger.

I happen to agree with this post. There would be far many fewer post if we used the guide that only if you heard something that you can post. Do we also say that you have to have owned it for some time, especially since first impressions so often misrepresent the sound of something even worst than repeating someones detailed review?

To me this is just another attempt at equipment snobbery whether you are aware of it or not. Sorry if this comes off a little harsh. We have a great community and sharing information is essential. It may help that if someone is repeating something that they refer that they read it and if possible if they remembered where they read it, but that is the only guidance that I would suggest. Some read a lot more and research more in depth than others and their input can be valuable from my perspective. Some can even evaluate what they read and shift through a lot of BS and come to some good observations. I enjoy those.

If someone can provide enough explanation it can lead me to understand why they enjoy something. What I don't like is some who instead makes blanket statements that something is terrible just because someone else has said it which appears to be OK. Note it appears to me that it is the recommendation of equipment not heard that is being dissed here and in other threads, and not the dissing of equipment unheard or given short first impression.

Dec 1, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by NelsonVandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He seems to have deleted those provocative and faulty statements from the web page. I'm glad to see that.

About plastic enclosures, I prefer them to metal. I can't understand why this is criticized.

I still have a hard time to believe any amp using AD823 "delivers sweet but uncoloured midrange melodies - the highs are crystal clear", but I understand this is a fine sounding amp. Graham Slee must be a magician. I've read Grahams posts at RockGrotto, and it seems the topology of this amp is very unique. I wish he'd share his knowledge to us like ppl, amb and tangent do.

The measurements are far from impressive, like "Stereo Crosstalk: -52dB", but that doesn't say anything about the sound.

Well it is good he took down those comments. Guess he realized people would eventually question them.

But I never seen the -54dba crosstalk before. Thats...... interesting.

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutbutterjam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey can someone clarify this, is crosstalk = crossfeed?

no no...
crossfeed is deliberate.. like a EQ.
crosstalk is unwanted distortion due to some kind of inductive or capacitive coupling between channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back