Graham Slee Solo SRG II /w PSU 1 or Meier Concerto amp for HD 650's?
Aug 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
hi, anyone know which one would be better for sennheiser hd 650's? or anyone know any others that may be better in this price range?

I can tell you the Solo sounds superb with Senns.  Can't comment on the Concerto, though. 

But... you might also consider the Vioelectic V200 - though, it may be a wee bit more expensive (about $1,000).  It gets great reviews and has the power to drive the orthos, and other inefficient phones.  The reviews describe the sound as somewhat like the Solo, which is great.  And... it appears the construction / components of the V200 may be somewhat better. 

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 5
The Schiit Lyr has plenty of power to drive the HD650. It really opens them up. The GE 6BZ7 tubes supplied with it sound great. Plus you have the option of tube rolling. This is a popular amp on Head-Fi with lots of knowledge about tube rolling this amp. The Lyr and Audeze LCD-2 is another very popular combination. Graham Slee make compelling products and I have their Gram Amp 2 SE phono pre-amp at #1 on my wish list. As mentioned the V200 is another good choice with a popular following but I decided it was out of my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back