Grados utterly horrible customer "service"
May 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #46 of 75
I got the exact same reply. Something along the lines of "Hi, repair charges are XX$. Please send them in" when all I was asking is whether or not I could get a new driver unit. Sent a reply and I don't think they responded at all.
Surely Grado can do better than that!

May 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #48 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah all those latino workers, John must have went and just adopted a ton of new adults lately.

You also realize that Beyerdynamics is also a family run business and they seem to well lack all the problems Grado has. Interesting... Family run is not an excuse!

No argument there. It does look like a sweat shop from the pics I have seen. If GRADO can't keep up with CS demands they need to expand.. But the op seemed to be looking for a freebie, with the whole, I love Grado so much bit, etc. That in itself is unprofessional, and comes off as begging.

May 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #49 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got what you wanted, the cost and how to proceed.
That's not bad customer service.

x2. Try to contact Mikhail from SinglePower, you will know what bad service is...

May 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #51 of 75
I found it easiest to phone them direct, i can get answers to questions without having to play email tennis and it's all sorted after a 5 minute conversation.

When i had my RS1s repaired, they did take a bit longer to get back to me than i would have liked, but the cost was reasonable ($100 which included return shipping to the UK) and they sent them back to me before i'd paid for the repairs.

May 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #52 of 75
I had emailed them to find a dealer that carried the RS-1s in my area and got no reply. I asked them if I could have a marketing pair sent to my Grado dealer and was told no. At that time, I was set against buying their product but as my sig. shows, I did buy used.

May be reading it wrong but I feel there is a bit of arrogance.

May 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #53 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They didn't ask me to e-mail it, they asked me to physically post-mail it to them, which is unacceptably dangerous.

I don't see why. I ordered mail order for years, prior to internet commerce, doing exactly that. And I routinely receive invitations to renew magazine subscriptions with a place to fill in credit card details and mail the form back.

Mailing a credit card number seems safer to me than mailing a check, which exposes your bank account number and routing information. It's a lot easier to deal with stolen credit card transactions than with the same for bank accounts.

May 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #54 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"repair charges would be $45, please send a money order or your complete credit card info, thanks".

That polite and informative reply included both "please" and "thanks". Also, it did not waste your precious time with wordjunk. What's the problem here?

May 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #55 of 75
I can't believe some of the negative and completely attitude-filled responses here. It seems like everybody is just looking at any thread they disagree with to jump all over someone. If it makes you feel better...
biggrin.gif
Thank you though to everybody who supported me in this. I wasn't asking for anything free, I even said in my original e-mail "I understand that I have to pay for them since they are out of warranty"... what part of that comes off as begging? A "New York attitude" (whatever the hell that is, it's just an excuse to act like a d-bag) is not an acceptable way of doing business.

I can't see myself ever again buying products from a company that takes your money and then wants nothing more to do with you. I did receive a personal letter from Sennheiser, I know what templates are and this wasn't. E-mail Sennheiser even a question about any of their products and see what kind of response you get, now do the same with Grado... bit of a difference! To the person who asked about "special treatment" because I had invested so much money; the more you spend the better you get treated. It might not seem fair but take Honda for instance... you show up with an NSX you get a special mechanic, you get to the front of the line of all other service customers and your car gets promptly fixed in front of the Civics, Fits and Accords. It's just the way it works. At Grado, you can spend a seemingly endless amount and they will still treat you like you're a nuisance.

May 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #57 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got what you wanted, the cost and how to proceed.
That's not bad customer service.

People are way to easily offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back