grados sr-325 (new model) vs sr-225 vs something else?
Jan 18, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #91 of 257
Ok, here are some good pics:

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

For the rest go here:
New Gold Grado Pics
Click on the images to load full size, note they are big: like 2-4 megs each.

As for how they sound, the 325s sound great. Definately a good purchase for 300 bucks. They do not sound as good as the RS-1s, but at 400 dollars less they just aren't missing that much. When they finally break in we'll see if they are closer. There is detail in the RS-1s that isn't there in the 325s so that's not going to change. But the 325s have as much low end, similar mids, and more highs. All around the RS-1s are smoother, and more detailed, but not by a huge ammount, you gotta be listening to them back to back to really notice a difference. The imaging is pretty different with the RS-1s being more transparent and the 325s being more forward. In comparison to the 225s the 325s are just way less bright, and they have more mid range detail than the 225s. The RS-1s are more open, due to their transparency. The 325s have a slightly rougher sound that hopefully will smooth out a bit once broken in, we'll see. They already sound great and if they open up and smooth out some they're going to be real hard to beat for price/performance in the grado line-up. A great sounding set, with an easy to drive load, and all the detail that one could get out of a portable setup is going to make them hard to beat for portable listening. Be careful if you go listen to them, you may end up tossing away 300 bucks for a set. As I listen more I'll post my thoughts.

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #93 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilKarma
In comparison to the 225s the 325s are just way less bright, and they have more mid range detail than the 225s.

Yes! I need to go to check these out myself. I guess Grado knew the "brightness" issue with some folks, and fixed it in the 325s (makes sense, pay more for the smoothness).

Thanks to FrysSux and LilKarma...I hope nobody here will doubt you guys again!

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #95 of 257
Wow, this puts me in an interesting position. I ordered MS-2s about a month ago, but I never got them and was never charged. To top this off, I think I accidently deleted my conformation e-mail... so I have no clue if they are just taking their sweet time to send them to me, or if they never got the order for some reason.

I almost hope the order didn't go through now... I wonder if I call they can figure out if they got my order or not even without my order #.

I am almost hoping they didn't get it now so I can buy these new 325s!!!
eek.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #96 of 257
holy **** it's the third coming......

Hmm I think they might have destressed the 325 drivers rather than use the ps-1 drivers. If they used the ps-1 drivers wouldn't the phones be more expensive?

It'd be interesting to know for sure. Where's Jahn? He super grado freak

Jan 18, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #98 of 257
They sound like my kind of headphones. Geezus.. it's just so hard to hold off when they sound so perfect. The only thing holding me back at this stage is possibility Alessandro will use these in a updated MS-2. I bet Golden Alessandros will start popping up the same way these did along with the scepticism, disbelief, denile and all. Unless of course they decide to break a trend and actually announce a product.. naaw, that would be too easy!

Jan 18, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #100 of 257
ok guys. they look gorgeous!!!
I was seriously thinking about buying a pair of what was my first good can... maybe I still prefer the old all black painting, but these are sooooo tempting!!!

jacopi|!

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:13 PM Post #101 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
They sound like my kind of headphones. Geezus.. it's just so hard to hold off when they sound so perfect. The only thing holding me back at this stage is possibility Alessandro will use these in a updated MS-2. I bet Golden Alessandros will start popping up the same way these did along with the scepticism, disbelief, denile and all. Unless of course they decide to break a trend and actually announce a product.. naaw, that would be too easy!

I hope all this doesnt lower the current MS-2 resale rate .....
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #102 of 257
Intersting. I prefer the black, but I actualy sort of like them anyway. Regardless, the sound is what we're all really interested in. We've had so many reviews and comparisons between the MS1, 225, 325, and MS2 that we sort of know where they tend to sit in the line. Now this changes things. I'm looking forward to some goot comparisons (after full burn-in) to its surrounding brothers. Preferably from someone that enjoys or prefers the Grado sound so it all has the proper frame of reference. I'm looking forward to it!
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #103 of 257
Just got a little excited that's all. I want more reviews and official info about what exactly has been changed, sofar things are still a bit vague. Somebody needs to open up one of these babies and compare the innards to the SR-325/MS-2/RS-1 to get a better picture. Everything is just speculation and (some valuable) opinions at this point. Silly comments made out of excitement isn't going to change prices.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #104 of 257
Hmm.... Grado 325's get a reputation for being overly bright. Allesandro commisions Grado to make a 325 (MS2) which is supposed to be better sounding. And it sells well. So Grado changes the cosmetics and uses the Allesandro tweaks/changes and...voila a new 325. Sound plausible? Do tweaks to the drivers constitute a "new" driver? Only time will tell.

Jan 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #105 of 257
who is ordering these and where from ? seems decible.com has them for 295.00 free 2 air shipping. any better deals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back