Grado?
Nov 30, 2001 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
Sadly, I sense that there is little talk of the famous Grado headphones. Head-fi, have you forgotten about Grado? It all seems to be about Sony, Etymotic, Sony nowadays. Did all of a sudden Grados started sucking?

Nov 30, 2001 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 11
Nah, i love my Grados, they sound fabulous on well recorded cd's, like dave matthews "crash." I'm just hooked on my 7506's, sorry Grado!

George

Nov 30, 2001 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 11
What's wrong with Senn's? I don't hear a lot about them other than an occasional reference in some other context. Their damned fine 'phones.

Switched to Steppenwolf now. God I miss the late 60's.

Nov 30, 2001 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 11
yeah, well, the V6 has been the hype for a while for <100$ cans while that used to be the sr80. there will always be Grado recommendations, but the V6'll get hyped up anyway. probably because it's closed and therefor more versatile in a portable environment.

higher up, the CD3000 got the hype instead of the sr325 and rs1. never heard any of em, so can't tell you much here.

sennheiser has never been hyped. the hd580 still gets mentioned a lot for great headphones for a good price. basically, their reputation is big enough already
smily_headphones1.gif
they're hard to power which is keeping some people back tho.
maybe the people who like sennheiser's laidback sound are not the kind of people to hype up stuff...

Nov 30, 2001 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 11
Yeah, it's been all about Sony and Ety phones lately. Team Sony is going to take over this forum sooner or later or.. never, haha

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I still believe Sennheiser HD580 is better than Song V6. But many new members need closed phones and don't want an AMP. I guess that's why Sony is recommented all the time.

But seriously, people who listen to a higher "standard" of music still prefer Sennheiser, Grado and Stax.
wink.gif
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2001 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

I sense that there is little talk of the famous Grado headphones. Head-fi, have you forgotten about Grado?

What's left to talk about. They're great.

Nov 30, 2001 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 11
Everyone should know the Grados are great. There's no need to hype them. I think the SR60 or SR80 deserve a place in everyone's collection.

About the much-hyped V6... Sure, they are extended and detailled. But I often prefer my SR60 that I find more fun and more musical. And that's what really matters, right?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back