Grado: Which one?
Mar 28, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 41
A lot of people seem to end up with the RS-1. If you want to kill the upgraditis bug, a used one will. Going to the top can cost less than upgrading along the way.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #17 of 41
Okay, I'm starting to come to a decision, but one more question, Would all of these essentially require a headphone amp? I would prefer not to use one, but which one should I get if need be?

Mar 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Would all of these essentially require a headphone amp?

Short answer, no. But of course depending your other equipment. I would say, higher you go in grado line, more you benefit for amping. But even SR80 gains for amping; more "coherent" SQ.
You should definitely try them first on your source, then you can upgrade later as you get more use to the sound.

As you are musician, I strongly suggest Alessandro line. MS2 is great phone, and imho best grado headphone for monitoring (haven't heard RS1). It's also less fatiguing headphone in grado line.

Mar 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the MS1 and the SR80, I listen more to the MS1, the bass seems to be more resolved?

can you give a more detailed explanation why you prefer the MS1 over the SR80?

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of people seem to end up with the RS-1. If you want to kill the upgraditis bug, a used one will. Going to the top can cost less than upgrading along the way.

Agreed

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 41
I'm gonna say SR325i, because I've only tried the SR80 and the SR325i, and i prefer the 325i
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wish I had done this. I went SR60-->SR225-->HF-1-->325i-->Woody HF-1-->RS-1.

Ironically, I didn't like the RS-1 the first time I heard it. I had to grow into it over time...so maybe the long route was unavoidable.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Djarum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I triple that! (except that I would go for RS1 instead of RS2, but that's another discussion
wink.gif
)

well, I thought about that too when I doubled it
tongue.gif
but I guess we already entering the diminuishing returns talk
smily_headphones1.gif

(despite my love for the RS-1, and I spend a lot of my time with them, I still didnt won the courage to buy a pair... ...
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back