Grado Upgraditis
Oct 2, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy
It was a whole lot brighter than the hd-650's. I tried them in a audio shop, but couldnt use my own source or my own music. But after hearing all these good things about grado I decided I should give them another chance

I absolutely love my Headphiled 225, but the sound isn't for everyone. I have never enjoyed a headphone so much, but this post coupled with your later post about not liking the comfort, tells me you may want to do some more auditioning before purchasing. Different sources, different music and different amps will alter things, but won't significantly change the sound signature to the point of you liking a headphone that you really dislike. Just my opinion.

Greg

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #47 of 51
Here is my approximate journey through Grado phones, starting with Joe's..
sr-200/hp-2/sr-60/rs-1/2/ms1/2/i/sr-225/80/125/PS-1/GS1000/BDGS1000

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 51
SR60 bought and sold -> MS1 bought -> HD580 bought -> HD580 sold -> MS1 sold -> MS2 bought, it's a keeper -> (RS1 when I win it
rs1smile.gif
)

Oct 2, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #49 of 51
Just got them in the mail this morning
biggrin.gif

I'm loving them right out of the box, First thing I'm noticing is more refined treble and deeper bass, which I like
smily_headphones1.gif
Looking forward to hearing how they are after I listen for a while...

/me sits in front of computer listening to music for hours.......

Oct 2, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #51 of 51
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new SR-225; arspy! I found that my new MS2i sounded good right out of the pizza box also. I wonder if it has something to do with already being familiar with the basic sonic signature from our previous cans. It's not something entirely new for our brains to get tangled up in.

Anyway; congratulations on your new phones!!
smily_headphones1.gif

...putting tham down and not listening is gonna be the toughest chore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back