Grado Upgraditis
Oct 2, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #31 of 51
My line was quick: RS-1 -> PS-1
rs1smile.gif
End

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep
80->ms2->225->woody ms2->325i->ms1 w/ recabled->rs1->rs2->rs1->gs1000-> 325i w/ cardas->woody ms2 w/ recabled (THE END?)

LOL!, your Grado/Alessando journey looked like there's 40% Alcohol in the bloodstream..........and honestly I do not forsee any ending for you in the horizon
lambda.gif

PS: Show us that modded MS2 once you are done k

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #34 of 51
Im now buying an ms2. And hope that I'll like the sound. The only grado I've heard was a 60. But I didnt really liked the sound of them. Hope that the ms2 will statisfy me more. If I like them I think that I'll do a cardas recable. But first a diy PPA v2 and a diy Alien DAC

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #35 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy
Im now buying an ms2. And hope that I'll like the sound. The only grado I've heard was a 60. But I didnt really liked the sound of them. Hope that the ms2 will statisfy me more. If I like them I think that I'll do a cardas recable. But first a diy PPA v2 and a diy Alien DAC

Precisely what makes you dislike SR60? I could only assume that it has to be the overbearing brightness?

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #36 of 51
It was a whole lot brighter than the hd-650's. I tried them in a audio shop, but couldnt use my own source or my own music. But after hearing all these good things about grado I decided I should give them another chance

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #37 of 51
Quote:

It was a whole lot brighter than the hd-650's. I tried them in a audio shop, but couldnt use my own source or my own music. But after hearing all these good things about grado I decided I should give them another chance

i think you are going to hate dt880, as well as sa5000, if you think sr60 is too bright..

sure, ill update as soon as ms2 mod is complete
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

Aaah I see. It makes sense that you are going thru the time warp and go straight away for MS2i. I doubt you will regret it. I had a fair share myself auditoning SR60 up until SR125 and for the sort of music that I listened through them I find the highs are a bit intimidating. A few good advice and reviews from Head-Fi set my path to MS-1 which should arrive anytime soon. The only Grado SR series that gonna fit my preference would be SR225 and SR325i which have that refinement that I seek in handling highs - but I could not afford them for now - so I'll start with MS-1 and already I can forsee either SR225 and MS2i coming my way
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #39 of 51
the other thing I now remember was that I didnt found the sr60's comfortable. But than I've listend quite much to a hd570. Really hope the ms2's are comfy. What pads should I get for them?

Oct 2, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #40 of 51
I think I'm going to buy some Grados soon, and I plan on just starting out with the SR 225s. From what I hear about them, they should give me the edge that my rock music craves.

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #41 of 51
I started out with Senns first and go the HD280 & 595.Then i got my first Grado which was a 225 and i knew at that moment that it was the sound i was looking for.Nice and forward.

My journey: 225 - MS2i - RS-1 - HP-2 - PS-1

Oct 2, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #43 of 51
Yeah, Rick; I'm at MS2i, and with a plan to go with HD-600 for the classical side, I'm very likely at the end of my Grado journey as well. Kinda sad; really.
frown.gif

...ya knever know, though, what the future may bring!
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich.

Actually; when listening to MS2i, the Grado journey will never end.

Oct 2, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #44 of 51
I've tried IEM CX300 , not satisfied enought, sold it.

Then bought Grado SR60 , My Train just about starting
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
... ,

I'm looking closed phone Grado, it is exist ?
even downgrade it's ok!!

Oct 2, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #45 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nokideen
I've tried IEM CX300 , not satisfied enought, sold it.

Then bought Grado SR60 , My Train just about starting
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
... ,

I'm looking closed phone Grado, it is exist ?
even downgrade it's ok!!

No; as far as I know, all current Grado and Alessandro models are of open design.

It's still a nice ride though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back