Grado SR60i or SR80i
Jul 30, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by az2123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys know that the MS1 uses the SR125 driver?

We don't really. No one really knows. It is just pure speculation. Some say it is the SR125 driver, some say it is an upgraded SR80. However, it is for certain that the MS1 has more in common (sound wise) with the SR125 than the SR80. But this is just from what I've read. I haven't experienced it first hand so take it with a grain of salt.

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hapyhar0ld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We don't really. No one really knows. It is just pure speculation. Some say it is the SR125 driver, some say it is an upgraded SR80. However, it is for certain that the MS1 has more in common (sound wise) with the SR125 than the SR80. But this is just from what I've read. I haven't experienced it first hand so take it with a grain of salt.

no no no. There is someone who actually says they spoke with an Alessandro employee, about the difference between an MS1 and an MS1i, and mentioned that the i version uses the 125i drivers. If I can find the post I'll put the link up.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 21
I think I found the post and thread you were refering to ABathingApe:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ale...9/#post5519701

The reason why I want to get a Grado headphone is because since joining Head-fi, I always see posts about grado and the grado experience and I would like to experience it for myself. I am starting to think that the 80is are what I am looking for. Since I live in the US the SR80i is cheaper than if I lived outside of the US. If you live outside of the US, it's a no brainer to get the ms1s instead because of the cost. So next month I'll plan on buying the Grado SR80i. Thank you all for the input, it has helped me a lot.
atsmile.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkii21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I found the post and thread you were refering to ABathingApe:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ale...9/#post5519701

The reason why I want to get a Grado headphone is because since joining Head-fi, I always see posts about grado and the grado experience and I would like to experience it for myself. I am starting to think that the 80is are what I am looking for. Since I live in the US the SR80i is cheaper than if I lived outside of the US. If you live outside of the US, it's a no brainer to get the ms1s instead because of the cost. So next month I'll plan on buying the Grado SR80i. Thank you all for the input, it has helped me a lot.
atsmile.gif

cheers mate. Yea I was just gonna post that link. Figured I was forgetting something lol

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #21 of 21
I wouldn't get either for portable. I just got the SR60's and unless I use Electri-Q in Foobar, the highs are too high for my ears to bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back