Grado SR60 best cans ~$50?
Dec 3, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Quote:
SR60 already comes with the comfy pads.

More like they only come with the comfies. Wish they came with bowls =P

I have no interest in bowls.....they sound just fine with the comfies. And to the OP, as Bilavideo said, they retail for $79 now....but IMO they're well worth it. I've had mine since April "09 and I still use them daily and love them.
L3000.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 21
The Grado 60's are, by far, the best headphones you can get for the price.  $50?  That would make the decision even easier.

And yes, they can tend to be uncomfortable for people, they fit fairly tight, out of the box.  But it's easy enough to bend out the frame a bit to loosen them up, if needed.

Of course, this is just my opinions, but I have owned a LOT of headphones over the years, and I've had my 60's for almost a decade now.  I've gone through 2 sets of pads, and they're still great.

Dec 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Don't the housing for the i versions also stick out more? From what I remember the non i versions have flat housing.

Yes, the i versions have the same massive housing as all the upgraded prestige-series grados do.

Also, if this means anything, I'm consolidating my headphone mini-collection (I have way too much money invested in these for a college student), and I'm planning on selling my Alessandro MS-2i's, and keeping my SR-60s. They make a great platform for modification.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #20 of 21

"The Grado 60's are, by far, the best headphones you can get for the price."

I don't know about "by far the best headphones".  I see a lot love and hate for grados headphones especially the lower models...so yeah, the whole best claim, in my opinion is exaggerating quit a bit.
Quote:
The Grado 60's are, by far, the best headphones you can get for the price.  $50?  That would make the decision even easier.

And yes, they can tend to be uncomfortable for people, they fit fairly tight, out of the box.  But it's easy enough to bend out the frame a bit to loosen them up, if needed.

Of course, this is just my opinions, but I have owned a LOT of headphones over the years, and I've had my 60's for almost a decade now.  I've gone through 2 sets of pads, and they're still great.

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #21 of 21
I wish they were so cheap in the UK ! $50 is a bargain. Being in the UK we have no such choice, the best option is the ms-1 for $100, but thats still a relative bargain too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back