Grado SR60 best cans ~$50?
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Limboistik

New Head-Fier
So I listened to my friend's pair he picked up for $50 off a member here, and I was pretty blown away by the sound.
I was hoping to do a little bit more research before I jump the gun, but basically I'm looking to pickup a pair of headphones for around the same price range.
Am I correct to assume the SR60 would be the best option in this price range?
Please gimme some recommendations and tell me what the pros and cons are for your choice.

Thanks guys!

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 21

Quote:
So I listened to my friend's pair he picked up for $50 off a member here, and I was pretty blown away by the sound.
I was hoping to do a little bit more research before I jump the gun, but basically I'm looking to pickup a pair of headphones for around the same price range.
Am I correct to assume the SR60 would be the best option in this price range?
Please gimme some recommendations and tell me what the pros and cons are for your choice.

Thanks guys!

What type of music and sound do you like?

The sr60s are very highly regarded competitors at their price range, particularly for rock.

Dave

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 21
It all depends on personal preference. Some people really love grado and some people would think they are too bright and uncomfortable.

If you like them, you might be in the majority of people who like grados. So you should find a pair.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 21
If you can get an SR60i for around $50, you're also doing well.  These retail for $79.  The going rate is $50 to $60.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 21
ok so I did a bit of reading and the M50 also sounds like a good purchase for a little bit more
any thoughts on this?
Would I be better off getting a sr60 and pickup a cheap amp?
Keep in mind I'm mainly gonna be listening off my desktop at home (z-2300 speakers jack) or off my iphone.

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #10 of 21
If you are blown away by the sr60, I suggest sticking with it since you know you like it.  The M50 and sr60 are two different sounding headphone in my opinion. I don't see why you should look for something else if you really like it, unless there is something you don't like about the sr60.  The sr60 are pretty highly regarded.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #13 of 21
The only gotcha might be the comfort of the SR60s  If your friend picked up his SR60s from a member here, that person could have replaced the pads. "Comfy pads" is a very common mod.

If you liked what your friend had, just check his pads because you might want to add comfies to the order if that's what you demoed.  I think that might add 10 bucks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back