Grado Sr225i Problems?
Jul 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Plongetz

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I recently received my Grado's from another member here on the forums. Now that I've given them a good listen, I'm starting to think there's a problem with them. On certain songs it seems like the sound isn't being fully reproduced. For example, on the guitar solo at 1:10 of Queens of the Stone Age's "3's and 7's", I can BARELY hear the guitar's notes. Another example would be in A Perfect Circle's "Judith", in which the background screams that start at :44 can't be heard at all. 

Can any other owner of these headphones listen to these songs and tell me if they can hear the clips? Am I doing something wrong (I'm pretty new here)?

My source is a MBP with Itunes and some lossless files in VLC.

Thank you !

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 11
I just tested both those tracks on YouTube using the official videos, and both the guitar solo and the screams were easily heard. I have no idea what might be wrong with your setup, but there was absolutely no issue hearing either of them on mine. Hopefully someone who knows what might be wrong will stop in and answer that question.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 11
The problem seems to be that the headphones seem to only output the "right" side of the stereo side. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's quite annoying. Could it have to do with my el-cheapo 1/4 to 1/8 adapter bought from Radioshack?

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 11
yes, you might have gotten a mono adapter instead of a stereo adapter. Check if that is the problem.

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 11
BUY THE GRADO ADAPTOR.

ITS ONLY 15 BUCKS,

and you will prob gain back some quality that the POS one you have is givng you.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Thank you both. Turns out I got a mono adaptor *facepalms repeatedly*.

Anyways, I'm getting the Grado adaptor shipped out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

As the biggest Grado fan on this forum, I'm going to have to ask you to turn over your "Grado Card".  For it is events like this that allows us to control the members who are actually card carrying members of the Grado "club".  
biggrin.gif

Kudos to you for getting the "real" Grado adapter.  That 8" adapter is the best adapter that is made.  Too many people have purchased those short 2" adapters and have ended up breaking their jacks on their iPods, mini amps, etc.  The longer Grado cable eliminates the stress that gets placed on those connections.  At $15.00, or so, the Grado adapter is a steal.

Well, maybe since you've ordered / purchased the real Grado adapter, we'll extend your membership for the Grado Club for another 30 days - on a probationary / trial basis.  Stay clean over the next 30 days, and you should then be upgraded to full membership. 
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Thank you both. Turns out I got a mono adaptor *facepalms repeatedly*.

Anyways, I'm getting the Grado adaptor shipped out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Yay! The Grado adapter is great, and I'm glad the problem is simple and has nothing to the 225is themselves. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back