Grado SR-325 Vs. Alessandro MS-2
Apr 2, 2002 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

r4z0r

100+ Head-Fier
I've just browsed through the entire archive and read pretty much everything on comparisons between these two phones. So far everything I read seem to contradict one way or another. For example, some say that the MS-2s are even brighter than the SR-325s and lack the mid-bass thump while others think the MS-2s are more refined in the top end while retaining all the low end of found in the 325s.

I'm truly confused now!
confused.gif

Could you guys please comment directly on these two phones? Thanks a lot!

p.s. 100 posts!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 6
This would be interesting. I'm wondering if the MS-II's correct the SR-325's faults of strident highs, and make the midrange better. Morphsci said that they present a more pronounced musical midrange than the 325's, so mask the harsh treble. Maybe it's still there?
redface.gif

Apr 3, 2002 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by pj-
This would be interesting. I'm wondering if the MS-II's correct the SR-325's faults of strident highs, and make the midrange better. Morphsci said that they present a more pronounced musical midrange than the 325's, so mask the harsh treble. Maybe it's still there?
redface.gif

I never described the treble of either phone as harsh. However, I am in my 40's so take that into account. IMO the MS-II has a more balanced frequency presentation and MO is that is because of better midrange definition in the MS-II comapred to the 325.

Apr 3, 2002 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Sounds good so far, the better mids on the MS-IIs definitely caught my attention. What about Grado's trademark impact? Is it fully present on the MS-2s as they are on the SR-325s?

What about pure treble performance? Does the MS-II sound more refined? I recall DarkAngel stating that the 325s have better treble in an old post (does this translate to more inner details?) while another seasoned member (can't remember his/her name) claimed that the MS-IIs are much more crisp and flat in the top range.

Last question, has anyone ever discovered differences in the phones' bass performance? I.e. is the bass tighter/more defined, or goes deeper on one of the models?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back