GRADO sound in an earbud or IEM?
Apr 5, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

EnderX

100+ Head-Fier
I love the Grado sound I was hoping to find something for ultraportable use. I would like an IEM or even some earbuds, perhapus Yuin, that have a sound similar to Grado 'phones.

I don't care at all about blocking out noise or the fact that others could hear me. I just want something as close sounding to the Grado sound as possible. Any suggestions?

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 8
Many people have commented that the Yuin PK series sound like Grado's. They can be purchased from head-direct.com

I made a similar thread too a while back, asking for Grado like IEM's. From what people said, I ended up getting the Etymotic ER6i's and I couldn't be happier with them. They're VERY detailed and I like them more than alot of bigger headphones.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Out of the three Yuin we have now, PK3 is the one that resemble Grado the most, but I won't go as far to say they have carbon copied SQ.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 8
My Livewires are like having my APS re-cabled RS-2 in my ears - wonderful
smily_headphones1.gif

My old Super.fi 5 Pro were like having an SR-60/80 in my ears, not bad, not the best.

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #6 of 8
I can chime in for Yuin PK2's. I also have Alessandro MS-1's and the sounds are similar, particularly in the reproduction of midrange, vocals are similarly "stirring" as well. Obviously there are differences in soundstage and bass, but the Yuin's seem to be Mini me's to the Grado sound IMH nOOb O.

The portability of the PK2's are the real benefit, the sound is much much more than what I expected. I bought the PK's new for $10 less than the MS1's used. I got a bargain on both.

I don't care for in ear plugs with speakers, just too much isolation for me at this point, but from what I understand the good ones sound better than PK's can, because of the physical purchase of the ear (which I don't like) so for me the Yuins are the best for the sound I'm after, it helps that they remind me of my Grados.

Aug 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Yuin OK2 sounds most simillar to Grados - fast, punchy and aggressive, very nice for metal. PK2 sounds quite muddy in comparison and reminds me KSC-75, not Grado. OK1, PK1, Audio-Technica ATH-CM700 are not simillar to Grado at all.

No IEMs I listened are like Grado (CX300, Vibe, D-Jays, ER-6i, ER-6, ER-4P/S, SA6, E3, E4, E500, UM2, Studio.f 3, Super.fi 5 EB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back