Grado sound + Bass
Dec 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #47 of 62
i think so,you can try Magnum drivers or Turbulent X drivers.  They are refined Grado like drivers. thank you
tmMx1q

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #52 of 62
Walmart switched the aisle from unicorns to fairies for the holiday season, hope you got your unicorn in time. :/

You know I work at wal mart sadly... we still got a couple o unicorns in the back of our store! 

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #53 of 62
Instead of the sr225i, I rebought the sr80i. My impressions are similar.

Much more bass than I remember, though the bass doesn't go down deep at all. Good tight bass.

Highs and mids are fatiguing. The vocals and instruments are thin. Sounds artificial. The main problem is the sound stage. Very tiny. It creates congestion, and they don't sound good loud. The do however sound fantastic at lower listening levels.

Overall disappointed. L-pads should help these things. When I push the pads closer on my ears, they sound much warmer, though I'm getting the feeling that these need an amp.

My ue6000 has a larger soundstage! Wow, and without the airy mids. Lol.

These are more comfortable though. (not more than the ue6000, just more than before)

Perhaps the problem is that my ma900's soundstage is too large. Everything sounds congested in comparison.

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #55 of 62
I think the punched holes help the bass more than the tape mod does, the tape mod adds a lot of warmth and 'fullness' to the vocals IMO. Considering it is a really easy mod with electrical tape and there are no negative effects to trying the tape mod, I recommend trying it if you are getting bowls anyway.

Dec 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #58 of 62
Did the tape mod. It helps out the mids and highs. The vocals still sound honky, but a slight decrease in volume at 2-4khz fixes it. Can't sense any more bass though.

Gotta love day 2!

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #59 of 62
Sounds like a fun holiday.
beerchug.gif

(If you ever want to experiment with the stock earpads, you can soften and smooth them by soaking them for 8-12 hours in lukewarm water with a little mild baby soap, rinse thoroughly with cold water, and dry in the open air on a towel for 4-5 hours.)

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #60 of 62
I have no problems with the comfort.

Just got the L-Cush pads today. It does improve the mids and highs, and there may be a slight loss of bass (the bass was almost a little too much before lol), and the soundstage improved slightly, but the difference isn't huge. They sound veeeeeeery similar to the SR225i right now.

Still need a, long listening session though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back